14

A/n: As I promised, here the update. (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥

Jimin and Hoseok stood there in silence, and the awkwardness started to fill the air between them.

Hoseok, trying to keep his composure, finally broke the silence and asked, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

Jimin, a bit unsure of how to respond, simply replied with an "oh."

Suddenly, Jimin's memory was jogged, and they couldn't help but bring up a past incident. He said, "Hey, do you remember when you accidentally knocked out my teeth?"

Hoseok, feeling remorseful, rubbed his head and tried to explain, "Yeah, it was years ago, and I ended up getting hurt too."

Jimin, not holding any grudges, acknowledged the incident with a simple "Right."

Being straightforward as always, Jimin stated, "You know, it's probably better if you don't have feelings for me. I don't really like someone who's younger than me."

Hoseok paused for a moment, and then his frustration exploded, "You shouldn't judge someone based on their age!"

Jimin thought for a moment and then responded, "Well, I do appreciate someone who is handsome."

Hoseok took a deep breath and pointed at Jimin, feeling a bit attacked. He said, "So, everyone thinks I'm attractive, except you? Is that what you're saying?"

Jimin quickly clarified, "No, that's not what I meant. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to aesthetics."

Hoseok felt a bit hurt and suggested, "Maybe I should get plastic surgery then?"

Jimin quickly reassured him, "No, no, that's not what I meant at all. I never said that. What I want to say is you shouldn't like me."

Hoseok seemed to give up on the conversation, saying, "Alright, let's just pretend we didn't have this conversation."

Seeing Hoseok's bad mood, Jimin started to regret his words. He asked boldly, "What do you like about me then?"

Hoseok looked at Jimin and replied, "You're pretty."

Jimin simply responded with an "Oh."

Hoseok seemed surprised by Jimin's reaction and said, "Is that all you have to say?"

Jimin replied honestly, "I don't really have a way to argue with that."

"......."

They both stood in front of the escalator, heading towards the third floor. Hoseok suddenly became serious and looked at Jimin for a while before asking, "Are you not willing to date at a young age?"

Jimin nodded and replied, "That's part of my reason."

Hoseok's expression changed, He pursed his lips and his eyes began to well up with tears. "Jimin, it's my birthday today. Can't you reject me some other way?"

Jimin was taken aback by Hoseok's vulnerability. He could see the pain in his eyes and wanted to offer comfort. He stuttered, "Wait, are you crying?"

Embarrassed, Hoseok quickly wiped his eyes and tried to regain his composure. He wanted to say something else, but then he noticed someone standing behind them.

Curious, Hoseok turned his gaze towards the person. He stared at him for a while, feeling a sense of familiarity.

Jimin, sensing that something was off, followed Hoseok's gaze and recognized the figure.

Confused, both Jimin and Hoseok wondered how long Jungkook had been standing there, silently observing their conversation. They exchanged glances, unsure of what to say. Looking at both of them, Jungkook raised his eyebrow and asked,