chapter 3

Taehyung is standing in front of Jimin. Jimin decides he won't disclose the reason to him and Taehyung won't have the chance to question him. Instead, Jimin will persistently pester Taehyung until he agrees.

Furthermore, it's Jimin's first encounter with someone like Jungkook. Right from the moment Jungkook speaks up, he exudes gentleness and kindness. He behaves as if he won't get angry with Jimin. Jimin can't quite grasp what's going on in Jungkook's mind, so he doesn't want to make any assumptions since he's not yet familiar with him.

Jimin stays quiet for a bit and feels a bit hesitant to admit it. He finally confesses, "I didn't really pay attention during the lecture in class."

Jungkook responds with a simple "hm."

Then, Jimin continues, "The teacher called on me to stand up and answer a question. Surprisingly, I was able to answer it." Jimin pauses for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "After that, the teacher asked me if I wanted to take over as the class homeroom. I thought about it, but I didn't feel like I could handle it, so I turned it down."

There's a moment of silence between them.

Jimin looks at Jungkook cautiously, wanting to see his response. He stands there silently, acting like a well-behaved kid.

"Then he asked me to ask my parents to come over." When he's done, he feels the whole world turn silent.

Jimin is lacking in confidence as Jungkook keeps on being silent. He can't help but say, "Trust me."

Jungkook says, "I really have a bit of distrust in you."

Jungkook seems to find it hilarious. He smiles, two teeth visible on the display reminding jimin a bunny. He sure is handsome, and when he laughs, he looks even brighter and shinier.

They both are standing close to each other.

Jimin starts feeling uneasy because he can smell the scent of a cigarette. That can definitely make anyone feel a bit uncomfortable. But he gathers his courage and speaks up again, saying, "What I'm saying is true."

Jungkook questions him, asking, "Really, you're not lying to me?"

Jimin nods sincerely and reassures him, saying, "No, it's real. If you don't trust me, you can go and find out tomorrow. Teacher will tell you the truth."

And just as they're chatting, the door opens. Taehyung enters the room, not even looking at them, and goes straight to his wardrobe.

"Jimin get out. Mama is calling you," Jimin realizes that it was wrong to frame his brother, but he doesn't want to just leave things like that. He mumbles, "Couldn't I stay here?"

Taehyung turns his head to look at him and puts on a fake smile, saying, "I want to change my clothes."

Jimin, determined to talk to Jungkook, grabs his sleeve again and says, "Then this hyung... should go out too. I don't think he'll want to see you changing."

But Taehyung just acts like he didn't hear him and insists, "Go out and close the door."

Jimin takes that as a sign of agreement and pulls Jungkook outside, saying, "Okay, we'll close the door."

Taehyung watches the two of them for a while, then just waves his hand. He's too lazy to pay attention to them.

After coming out of the room, Jimin immediately pulls Jungkook into his room. He closes the door and asks impatiently, "Hyung, will you come tomorrow? I already told you the truth..."

Jungkook, sounding lazy, responds, "Why don't you ask your older brother for help?"

"How can I?" Jimin widens his eyes. "I accused him wrongly before... If I tell him about this, he'll immediately tell mama."