36. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬

Chapter-36

Author's POV

It was unusually dark for 10 o'clock. The leaves rustled furiously, swaying with the violent breeze. It was July and it rarely rained here at this time. but it seemed like it would rain. It was unusual and looked deadly.

The roar of his bike sounded like wild thunder. Anyone in that city would recognise the sound of that bike. After all, it was the sound that sent shivers down their spine. He usually rode the bike when he was on duty. And it meant that somebody was going down, brutally.

By duty, I meant his violent activities.

Rolling up the sleeves of his black shirt, he made his way inside the bus station/stop to look for his Lil Fia. Sameer had texted him in the morning when she left. It was a little arrangement between Shiva and Sameer. The guy agreed to give him all the details about his sister Parul.

It wasn't anything serious, but it was it.

He had calculated the time. And so he was here, to pick up his woman.

Anger coursed through his veins, spreading like wildfire. His chocolate brown eyes turned almost black witnessing the scene in front of him.

She, his little fia, was surrounded by some low life. It looked like she was resisting and he wasn't giving up.

A primal growl ripped through his chest as he marched towards them. His iron-like fists connected to his face again and again, punches rained down on his face. The man was yelling, screaming in pain. Parul gasped looking at Shiva who looked no less than a monster.

Every time his fist connected to that man, he growled angrily, the rings, once platinum were coated with blood.

Involuntarily she took a step back as his screams died down. He went limp and followed by a thud sound, he fell on the ground, unconscious. He wasn't dead. Yet.

Parul's eyes were forcefully drawn towards the man, who was lying on the ground, unconscious.

His nose was broken and there was a deep hollow in the space between the forehead and the bridge that connected to his eyes.

Her stomach twisted, she felt like puking right there.

Shiva noticed her uneasy face. He wanted to pick her up, surprise her. But everything was ruined.

" this fucker ruined it..." he kicked his side rib and walked towards Parul who looked pale by now.

He raised his hands to touch her, but she took a step back, stopping him from touching her.

" Bl...blood..." she reasoned immediately looking at his raging brown eyes.

Sighing, he looked at his bloodied fist and nodded.

" You have a water bottle. Don't you?" he asked, looking at the bag she was holding. She nodded.

He waved his hands, signalling her to give it. She fumbled but somehow managed to open the cap without letting the bottle drop from her hands.

She poured the water when he held his hands out and then he washed his hands.

" Tissue..." she pulled it from the bag, he took it and wiped his hands.

" Here...use sanitizer..." Shiva knitted his brows.

" What? You carry a whole store in that bag?" he sounded in disbelief. Shrugging, " Emergency purpose" she huffed making a face.