37. 𝐀 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞

Chapter-37

Author's POV

" Mishhh...I mishhed you" The little boy jumped into her arms. She caught him in her warmth and hugged him.

Manav was so happy that he was jumping for the last few minutes. It's been a few days since he saw her. When Aryan said that they were going to Aditi's place to meet Parul, he was excited.

Aditi and Aryan watched Manav snuggling in her arms. Parul kissed his cheeks and cupped his face lovingly. " I missed you too munchkin" she grinned, kissing him again.

" Oh..! She didn't kiss me last night!" Aditi was dramatic. Aryan grinned.

" Addy...mishh..loves me..." Manav pouted making all three of them laugh.

" Oh yeah...she does...manu" Aditi bowed her head in surrender.

" Yeah!!!" he squealed, throwing his hands in the air.

After a while, Aditi took Manav to the leaving them some space to talk.

" So...how are you, Parul?" He started. Parul nodded, smiling.

" I'm fine....you?" She asked.

And they continued talking for a while. Aryan wanted to talk about what happened in the hospital. In between the conversations, she told him that Shiva helped her a lot. Aryan knew that he would do anything for the people he loved and he, once, loved him too.

It's unfortunate that things turned out the way they are now.

Parul also informed him about the bus stop incident, since it was all over the news yesterday. Aryan thought that it was some gang-related murder. But Parul knew the truth. It was hard for her to remain calm after seeing the gruesome pictures all over the Internet and the news.

She didn't expect him to kill this guy. It was unfortunate that Shiva took this guy's life. She didn't want him dead. After all, he had beaten him to death that night itself.

Why did you kill him Shiva? She wondered but had no courage or guts to ask him.

When people made assumptions  about his possible, reason for the murder, only she knew the real reason behind the brutal murder. She couldn't tell anyone and she also couldn't contain it within herself. It was like sitting on fire.

Aryan was least surprised. He knew how far Shiva would go for the people he loved. He had seen it before and is still seeing it now.

Aryan did not mention anything about his past, or Shiva's past. He only said ~
Do not get on the wrong side. He won't hesitate to hurt you beyond the limits. He can be the most loving person in your life and when things go wrong, he can also be the very monster you are afraid of.

His words, ringed, in her mind again and again. She was scared but what could she do? There was no way out of it. It felt like a maze now. A very dangerous maze.

After talking to Aryan, her anxiety increased. Along with that, her suspicion about Aryan's past strengthened. A normal person would be scared to learn about a brutal murder, but Aryan seemed Unbothered. Moreover, she knew the fact that he was a member of the Ashen Reapers Gang. But she did not know anything else.

Was he just a member? It was a mystery and it will remain one until either Shiva or Aryan decides to unravel it.

Parul also told Aditi about the bus stop murder, that's what it is called now. Well, Aditi was genuinely shocked and worried. She knew, heard, and had witnessed Shiva's brutality. But it surrounded her best friend's life now. She knew about his obsession, madness and cruelty. It was saddening that she couldn't help much or convince Shiva to leave her out of it.