39. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞

Chapter-39

Author's POV

" I'm sorry but I am not interested in this marriage"

It was all she heard. She couldn't take this statement off her mind. It rang in her ears.

Instead of getting a cab home, she was walking through the empty streets, aimlessly.

Physically she was on the street, mentally, she was still in Parul's cabin, trying to convince her to say yes to this marriage.

She wanted to see Shiva get married. It was her biggest dream.

" I'm sorry but I am not interested in this marriage"

It seemed like her dream was shattering, piece by piece.

Meanwhile.....

The car was speeding. He was young, in his early twenties, and had no care about the rules and regulations.

He stretched his hands, leaving the steering wheel to work on its own. Before he could keep his hands on the steering wheel, he saw an old woman walking aimlessly.

He tried to pull the car aside but failed.

The front of the car bumped into her body and she collapsed on the ground, letting out a small scream.

He panicked, and the car stopped a few steps away from the unconscious figure. As the crowd formed, he drove away from there, speeding off again.

Not knowing that he made a great mistake by hitting Revathi Raj Aras.

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Mansoor rushed inside the study without even knocking which angered him to no extent. He snapped his neck towards Mansoor, ready to spew profanities at Mansoor but what he said next, had his heart drop to his stomach.

" Maa is in hospital" he was breathing heavily, worry evident on his face.

Shiva's heart jumped to his stomach listening to the news.

" What the fuck did you say?" in one long stride, he was in front of Mansoor, holding him by his collar.

Shiva's breathing ragged. She is the only family for him. His hold on Mansoor's collar tightened.

" She met with an accident...we have to hurry!" he said, urgency lacing his voice.

Shiva's heart was drumming against his ribcage.

How did this happen?

He was not ready to lose yet another family member.

Gritting his teeth, he dashed out of the study followed by Mansoor.

The ride to the hospital was quick, really quick. Mansoor reported to him about what happened back in the school. He didn't hear what Revathi and Parul were talking about before she asked him to take Manav home.

Shiva had no idea that Parul rejected the marriage proposal involuntarily led to the next unfortunate incident.

He ordered his men to look for the security cameras and barged inside the St. John's hospital.