33

There's a knock at the door. Eri scurries away, yelling 'I'll get it!' I hear her open the door.

'Is Sho here?' Natsuo. I walk out into the hallway, and up to the open door. He stares at me. Why is he staring at me?

Oh. The make-up. 'Can we talk?' He asks me. I nod, stepping backwards allowing him to come inside. The rest of the household have now made it into the hallway.

'Mic, Aizawa, this is Natsuo, my older brother'. Natsuo holds out his hand, and they both shake it. 'Can I grab you anything? Like a tea?' Aizawa asks. He nods. 'A jasmine would be lovely if you have it'. Aizawa smiles. 'That's how I know you're defintely related to Sho' He walks off into the kitchen, Mic takes Eri's hand and follows. Hitoshi smiles, then mouths 'I'll be upstairs', then heads up.

'So this is where you live now huh?' Natsuo asks, looking around. I nod. 'I didn't know Eraserhead and Present Mic lived together' He says.

'Yeah, they're married'. Natuso nods, understanding. 'Are you enjoying it here?' He asks me, as we head into the lounge.

'Yeah, they're good people' I say. We both sit in the lounge. There's an awkward moment of silence, before Natsuo speaks.

'I'm sorry about how I reacted. I-I was just shocked, and angry at myself that I didn't notice'. Cat jumps down from the window ledge, and over to Natsuo. She wobbles herself over to his legs, sniffing.

'it's not your fault. I'm very good at hiding things' I say truthfully. Cat jumps onto the couch, walking onto Natsuo's lap. He smiles, but then it suddenly drops.

'I should've been there for you, every time Endevour, well-'

'-again, not your fault. I didn't ask for help' I say bluntly. 

'Why?' He asks, his eyes filling with tears. 'I didn't want to burden you'. There's another moment of silence.

'Sho do you know what's been happening with him lately?' He asks. I shake my head.

'Well, ever since the incident at the hosptial, other people have begun reaching out with their own versions of him treating them badly. It's kinda amazing actually'. 

'Really?' I ask. He smiles. 'Yeah - I don't think he's going to get out of this one. I've overheard him yelling insults at people over the phone for the last couple of weeks, it's been really funny'.

I laugh. 'Kinda wish I was around to see that'. There's a knock at the door, and Aizawa pokes his head round.

'I have the tea'. 

'Thanks!' Natsuo says, as Aizawa places the mugs on the table. 'If there's anything else you two need to let me know'. He smiles warmly.

'Thanks' I say, as he leaves the room. Natsuo laughs.

'I had no idea that man could smile'. I laugh. 'Yeah, he's actually really different than most people think.'

There's another pause. We both sip our tea.

'What's going on with Dabi?' I ask. He sighs, sipping his tea.

'He's still not talking, which is weird. Nobody from the league have even tried to rescue him. It's almost like he's no longer part of it'.

'Makes sense' I say. 'He did rescue a hero in training after all'. He nods in agreement.

'D-do you think we're going to get Touya back?' I ask. Natsuo sips his tea. 'I sure hope so, but I think it's unlikely. Besides, he's committed so many atrocities that he'll probably spend the rest of his life in jail.' He pauses, thinking.

'One thing doesn't add up though.'

'What?' I ask. Natsuo sips his tea. 'I visited him shortly after his capture. He claims to have no memory of anything he's done. And when asked the last thing he remembered before rescuing you, he said a blue forrest fire and pain in his jaw'.

Holy shit. 'You don't mean...' Natsuo nods. 'His last memory was the fire we thought he died in'.

What the fuck. 

'Do you believe him?' I ask. Natsuo sighs. 'I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. They're getting a detective with a truth quirk over to test it out'.

'When?'

'This coming weekend'. 

'Can I come?' Natsuo sighs. 'I'm not sure if that's a good idea, considering everything that's been happening recently'.

'I'll be fine. What if Aizawa and Mic came with me?' 

'I'll talk to the people doing the interrogation, potentially'. He says. There's a noise from the kitchen, and Cat jumps off his lap, wobbling to the door, meowing.

I get up, and let her out. Must be dinner time.

'Would you like to stay for dinner?' I ask. Natsuo shakes his head. 'Aoto and I have plans I'm afraid'. I nod, understanding.

There's another pause. 'Sho, please message me whenever you need okay? I may not understand everything you're going through, but I spent enough time in the closet to understand some things.'

'Thanks Natsuo' I say. He smiles, standing up.

'By the way, you look great' He says, gesturing to my make-up. I smile. 'Thanks'. I walk him to the front door.

-later-

PING. I look down at my phone. 

Human Glowstick: I love it! You look great.

I smile. 

Me: I was worried you'd find it weird.

Human Glowstick: I think you're beautiful.

Me: Stfu. Mic also told me today there's more than two genders. Can you believe that?!

Human Glowstick: Ah ha ha yeah :)

I think. Should I really say this? I type it, then press send before I have a chance to change my mind.

Me: Would you still like me if I wasn't a boy?

I turn off my phone, dreading the response.

PING! I force myself to look, expecting the worst.

Human Glowstick: I wouldn't mind one bit. I love you, whoever that may be :) Just let me know what you want to be called :)

Me: I can change my name?! Is that allowed?

Human Glowstick: Yeah. It's important for you to feel comfortable.

My mind is swimming with possibilities. I never really thought of this before. Do I like my name? I think I do. 

Me: I think I'll stick with Shoto. I like it :)

Human Glowstick: Cool :) Same pronouns?

Me: ???

Human Glowstick: Like, do you want to be referred to as he, she, they etc.

What do I want to be referred to as? He? She? Neither seem right? Maybe they then? Yeah, I think that one makes the most sense.

Me: they?

Human Glowstick: No worries at all. I also won't tell anyone until you're comfortable with that.

Me: Thanks :)

Human Glowstick: No worries at all. I love you for you, whoever that may be!

Me: I love you too.

I turn off my phone, smiling. I genuinly had no idea that any of this existed. And it truely feels like home. I'm the happiest I've been in a while.

But that tends to be when shit hits the fan.