chapter seventeen

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"HONEY, HONEY"

°°°

brooklyn | brookiecookie
as you probably know, last month i filmed a smosh video that you guys were very eager to see...
brooklyn works at smosh for a day is OUT NOW! on smosh pit :))

user | user1
just watched and if you and shayne aren't dating for whatever reason you should totally rethink that

user | user2
the way everyone was so nice to you 🥺
\
brooklyn | brookiecookie
i love my smosh family ❤️

shayne topp | supershayne
who let you in?
\
brooklyn | brookiecookie
🤫

angelagiarratanapasta | anggiarratana
my new favorite video!!!
\
brooklyn | brookiecookie
🥳🥳

BROOKLYN woke up very peacefully. the sun was shining, the bed was comfortable, and her head felt like a sappy taylor swift song at all times.

she reached to grab her phone and check the time. it was after three-thirty in the afternoon.

"ugh, jet lag." she sighed, getting up. the new couple had gotten off the plane and back to brooklyn's place a few hours ago, and after pretending like they didn't need sleep, they crashed onto the bed.

brooklyn walked out and smiled at the sight of shayne on the couch. 

"hey, i didn't think you were still here." she said as she slumped next to him.

"i wouldn't leave without saying goodbye." shayne said, putting an arm around brooklyn's shoulder.

brooklyn rested her head on his shoulder as her head ran wild with thoughts.

and shayne could tell. "what are you thinking about?"

"how lucky i am." brooklyn said. "and scared. and excited."

"i know." shayne nodded. "me too."

"but you've already been a thousand times better than any of my past relationships." brooklyn smiled. "you cook for me, you're really sweet, you like my friends, mostly because they were yours first."

shayne laughed. "who wouldn't like your friends? we're awesome."

"i know." brooklyn thought about how great everyone at smosh is. "smosh is like my new dream job."

shayne leaned back in excitement so he could see brooklyn's face. "brooke, i guarantee you could work at smosh. either full time or freelance."

"yeah, but i feel like people would be like 'oh, shayne's girlfriend is here now... she's probably not even funny.'" brooklyn mocked. "i'm just worried it will be couple nepotism."

"they already know how funny you are if they watched todays video." shayne said.

"some people have already commented saying i'm just there because of you and amanda."

shayne sighed. "i strongly advise rarely reading comments."

brooklyn furrowed her eyebrows. "maybe i'll audition some day." she said. "but right now seems too soon."