chapter twenty-one

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
"STAY AT HOME GIRLFRIEND"

°°°

SATURDAY night everyone was celebrating amanda with annual karaoke. brooklyn was tipsy and sitting at a table away from shayne for the first time that night.

"guys, we should totally go out." angela suggested to brooklyn, courtney, and amanda who were sitting together.

"babe, we are out." amanda said causing a laugh from the table.

"no, i mean like out with just the four of us." angela said. "we always talk about it in the groupchat, but since brooklyn became a stay at home girlfriend, we haven't done anything." everyone looked over at brooklyn who was smiling toward shayne, who was speaking his table.

"hey!" brooklyn laughed. "i am not a stay at home girlfriend."

"when's the last time you went out?" courtney asked.

"for valentine's day!" brooklyn defended.

angela and amanda laughed as courtney said "you went to dairy queen."

"okay fine." brooklyn said. "let's go out tonight. the party is dying down and i would thoroughly enjoy getting drunk tonight."

"you're already on your way there." angela remarked with a laugh.

"i'll go tell shayne." brooklyn said.

the four went their separate ways and brooklyn walked over to shayne.

"hey babe, sorry to interrupt." brooklyn said as she smiled at the table. "amanda, angela, court, and i are gonna go out to continue celebrating amanda's birthday."

"okay, be safe and have fun." shayne said. brooklyn quickly pressed a kiss to shayne's lips.

"thank you! i love you!" brooklyn called out as she ran over to courtney and angela who were grabbing their jackets.

"okay let's go!" amanda said as she walked up to them.

brooklyn laughed. "i didn't realize we were leaving immediately. your party is still going."

"it's fine, people are leaving." amanda said as the four of them walked out.

"woo hoo!" angela exclaimed as they walked into a bar. the music was loud, the room was warm, and the group of four was excited.

"go find a table, i'll get us some drinks." courtney said. the three women made their way to an empty table in the back.

"wait, am i boring now?" brooklyn asked out of the blue.

"what?" amanda asked.

brooklyn dramatically frowned. "you called me a stay a home girlfriend."

angela began cackling as amanda rubbed brooklyn's arm. "you aren't boring; just in love."

brooklyn smiled and courtney came back with four drinks and a cowboy hat.

"where the hell did you get that?" angela exclaimed as she put it on her head.