chapter twenty-two

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
"BROOKE IS COOL"

°°°

BROOKLYN walked into shayne's apartment sunday afternoon with a pounding headache and sunglasses protecting her eyes from the light while trying to hide her hangover.

"rough morning?" shayne asked as he looked over the couch.

"mhm." brooklyn answered, plopping her body next to shayne.

"we don't have to look at apartments today if you aren't feeling it." shayne said, stroking brooklyn's hair.

"no, it's okay. i made a commitment and i've been looking forward to this." brooklyn said, sliding her sunglasses up to head, pulling the hair out of her face in the process.

"you may be hungover but you still look beautiful." shayne smiled down at her.

brooklyn groaned. "it's not nice to lie to your girlfriend."

shayne laughed. "do you need anything before we go?" he asked.

"no, i think i'm good." brooklyn said, struggling to get off the couch. shayne gave her a skeptical look.

brooklyn put her hands up. "hey, that was just regular brooklyn struggling, not hungover brooklyn."

"whatever you say." shayne said as he grabbed his car keys. "let's go."

brooklyn and shayne walked through the fifth apartment they had looked through so far.

"i really like this one for you two." the realtor said. "it has beautiful potential to grow into and maybe even start a family." she explained.

brooklyn tensed up and shayne laughed at the comment. "we've been together only a little over a month." brooklyn said with a light laugh.

the realtor looked shocked. "oh really? wow." she said.

shayne smiled at the woman. "yep."

"well, i'll leave you to look around a little. holler if you need anything."

the realtor disapeared and brooklyn laughed. "she probably thinks we're crazy."

"we kind of are." shayne said.

brooklyn walked through the large apatment, thoughts racing through her mind. were they going to fast? should they be preparing to have a family since they aren't getting any younger? does she even want kids? should they discuss this or would that scare him off?

she sighed as she looked over at shayne. he was checking out the kitchen.

"do you like the kitchen?" she asked as he excitedly opened the oven.

"this is sick." he said.

"can i ask a quick question?" she asked, walking over to shayne.

"what's up?"

"do you think we're going too fast?" brooklyn asked. shayne scrunched his eyebrows as he processed her question.

"too fast? no." he began. "fast, yes."

brooklyn looked at him with no response. she really hadn't thought of it that way.

"were you worried?" he asked.

brooklyn nodded. "a little." she said. "it's been almost two months and we've already decided to move in together if i work at your job." she explained