chapter eighteen

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"TRY NOT TO LAUGH"

°°°

BROOKLYN tapped her thumb on the side of her phone as she sat on shayne's couch.

"how the hell do you do this so often?" she asked, referring to the notes app opened to a note titled 'tntl bit ideas".

"not all bits have to be planned." shayne explained from the kitchen. "some of the best have been made up on the spot."

brooklyn sighed. "i know, but i don't want to show up and have people think i'm unfunny."

"i wouldn't worry about it too much, brooke." shayne assured her as he placed two plates of breakfast on the table. "also, you've had like a week to do this. why did you wait until the morning of?"

brooklyn got up and sat across from shayne at the table. "i've been trying to come up with ideas all week but i get distracted."

shayne laughed. "i think you'll be alright. but if you have to, just bring someone out with you to help you."

brooklyn smirked. "it can't just be me" shayne exclaimed with a smile.

°°°

"ARE you ready?" amanda asked as brooklyn wrapped her arms over angela who was sitting down.

"as i'll ever be." brooklyn said.

angela smiled up at her. "you're gonna have so much fun."

brooklyn smiled. "i know. i'm less nervous now."

amanda rubbed brooklyn's forearm quick. "good, babe. this will be great."

brooklyn blew a kiss toward amanda and rested her chin on angela's head.

"since we have time," angela smirked, looking at brooklyn through the mirror in front of them. "how's your relationship going?"

"i see you've been spending a lot of time over at his place these days." amanda said.

brooklyn laughed. "how do you know that?"

"i have your location, duh." amanda said. brooklyn jokingly rolled her eyes.

"yeah, we spend a lot of time going from one apartment to the other." brooklyn said.

"move in together." angela suggested.

"woah, slow down, we just hit one month of dating."

amanda laughed. "i have no doubt it will happen soon, though."

"oh yeah?" brooklyn asked.

"for sure." amanda smiled.

"you don't think so?" angela asked brooklyn.

"hey, i never said that." she smirked. "it's just a bit early."

"do you think you'd buy a new place together or just pick one?" amanda asked.

"i'm not really sure." brooklyn shrugged. "we both absolutely love our places, so it might be easier to just have a fresh start."

"aw, i'll miss your apartment." angela said.

"it's a good thing i'm not leaving it anytime soon." brooklyn said, tilting her head for dramatic effect.

"i'm just mentally preparing." angela smiled.

the three women were soon made their way to the try not to laugh set. amanda, angela, courtney, chanse, and shayne got settled, making brooklyn sit on the stool.

once given the cue, shayne began speaking to the camera, but not without a quick supportive thumbs up for his nervous girlfriend.

"hello and welcome back to try not to laugh!" shayne announced, causing everyone around to cheer.

"you know it, you love it. but if you don't, you sit on the stool and..." shayne pretended to look confused at brooklyn.

"who are you?" he asked.

brooklyn shrugged. "i just kind of wondered in."

"guys! we have a special guest today!" courtney excitedly said as brooklyn laughed. "it's our girl, brooklyn!"

brooklyn smiled. "they let me come back!"

"so, who would like the hot seat first?" courtney asked.

"i think you do, court." amanda said.

courtney smiled. "let's do this."

"wrong show." shayne joked and everyone laughed.

they began their turns and after gaining a laugh from courtney, brooklyn felt great about the rest of the video. after making angela laugh by using an old video she had of her sleep talking after a night of drinking wine and watching old romcoms, brooklyn happily made her way back to the props.

"brooke, you're killing it." shayne said. brooklyn reached up for a high five and shayne interlocked their fingers.

everyone else was out in front of angela doing a really stupid group bit that had already made angela spit her water out. brooklyn grabbed shayne's other hand and the two kissed.

as the kiss deepened, the couple heard quiet snickering behind the camera. brooklyn looked over at the camera that filmed behind the little wall to get any crazy reactions or funny moments.

she jokingly shook her finger in front of the camera like an angry mother. "you guys are mean."

°°°

abi speaks!
hey yall!
this chapter isn't the best but its okay because you guys are awesome and literally so supportive of this fic

thank you all so much for being patient as i slowly update!

more will come your way soon <33
byeee