chapter thirteen

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
"WIFE YOU UP"

°°°

brooklynharper made a new post!

liked by shaynetopp and 52,297 othersbrooklynharper started december in the desert 🌲❄️🌟

brooklynharper started december in the desert 🌲❄️🌟

load comments...

filmingamanda pretty pretty girl
\
brooklynharper thanks for taking my picture 😘

angelagiovanagiarratana 😻😻
\
brooklynharper ❤️

co_mill i'm loving the outfit
\
brooklynharper and i'm loving you
\
co_mill ☺️

shaynetopp i hate to inform you that december is no longer ice cream season...
\
brooklynharper you take that back!
\
shaynetopp 🤷🏼‍♂️ i don't make the rules
\
brooklynharper i'm heartbroken. you think you know someone.

arashalalani serving as usual
\
brooklynharper 🥰

load more comments...

BROOKLYN smiled and turned off her phone. she couldn't help but blush whenever her and shayne joked around. it was weird. every instagram comment, every tweet, and every text without a doubt, would send pink to her cheeks.

there were no more kisses, no more late night dates, but there was always a conversation happening over text. brooklyn would admit, she's kind of sad that shayne hasn't asked her to randomly hang out late at night, but maybe he was being serious; december is no longer ice cream season.

she was the one who said they should just be friends for a while. and she still agrees. it's just hard when the friend is as charming, funny, and good looking as shayne topp.

maybe i should see if he wants to get lunch... she thought.

I-MESSAGE
brooklyn - brooklyn harper
shayne - shayne topp

brooklyn
hey!
are you busy

shayne
not really
why, what's up

brooklyn
wanna get some lunch
my treat 😚

shayne
lol okay
where do you want to go?

brooklyn
i could go for some chicken crispers

shayne
i'm gonna wife you up one day
mark my words

brooklyn
LMAO WHAT

shayne
oh sorry
just practicing what i'm gonna say to my chicken crispers

brooklyn
i hate you 💀
be ready to get in my car when i get there

shayne
yes mom

brooklyn
🙄🙄

SHAYNE quickly changed out of his sunday-lounging-pajamas into something casual. the drive from brooklyn's apartment wasn't long, so brooklyn was there right as he was ready.

"heyy!" brooklyn said as shayne got into her car. "this is different than normal." she laughed.

"i'm surprised your license isn't expired." shayne joked. brooklyn scoffed and began driving.

"so, you're 100% on chilis, right?" she asked. shayne laughed.

"did i not make myself clear?" he asked.

brooklyn smiled. "do you propose to your food often, or..."

"just the chicken crispers." he clarified.

"alright, cool." brooklyn chuckled. "just wanted to know what i'm getting myself into."

brooklyn began tapping on the steering wheel as tainted love by soft cell began playing on the radio. she turned it up and continued to tap to the beat.

"your birthday is coming up, right?" shayne asked.

"if you mean the beginning of next month, then yes." brooklyn laughed.

"hey, amanda was talking about your present so i assumed it was soon." he laughed as well.

brooklyn smiled. "it's january first."

"you were a new years baby?" shayne exclaimed. "that's super cool."

brooklyn smiled. "yeah, i'm gonna throw a new years party slash birthday party. you're invited, of course. you'll get a more formal invitation later."

"i look forward to it." shayne smiled.

"good, someone has to." she said.

"are you one of those people who hate their birthday?" shayne asked.

"no, i'm actually really obnoxious about my birthday, i love it." brooklyn explained. "i'm turning thirty this year." she said as if it was the worst news.

shayne laughed. "that's so fun, though." he said. "dirty thirty." shayne said, but immediately regretted it.

"do people even say that?" he asked.

brooklyn laughed. "aww, buddy, i hope not." she put her hand on his arm.

shayne smiled. "whatever."

shayne topp| supershayne
if she orders chicken crispers at chilis, wife her up
\
user1 | username
brookiecookie take notes
\
brooklyn | brookiecookie
who do you think inspired this tweet...

brooklyn | brookiecookie
i love creating chaos :)

°°°

abi speaks!
thanks for all the love on this fic so far :'))

sorry if there isnt enough in these chapters but i promise things will happen

bye bye :)