chapter nineteen

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER NINETEEN
"I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU ALWAYS"

°°°

I-MESSAGE
brookie 🍦 - brooklyn harper
shayne 🙄💖 - shayne topp

shayne 🙄💖
hey, want to meet up for lunch
catering sounds lowkey gross right now

brookie 🍦
i would love to
what sounds good to you

shayne 🙄💖
would it be too much if i came over and you made me something

brookie 🍦
of course not
are you feeling alright?
you didn't ask to go to chilis lol

shayne 🙄💖
i think my stomach is off

brookie 🍦
aw bud
i'll make some soup?

shayne 🙄💖
sounds good
i'll be over soon
thank you

BROOKLYN stirred the warm pot of soup in front of her as shayne walked through the apartment door.

she looked up and noticed shayne looked a little green. "hey, are you alright?" she asked as she moved shayne toward a chair.

"yeah, yeah, i'm fine." shayne said as he sat down, placing a reassuring hand on brooklyn's back.

brooklyn placed her hand on shayne's forehead. "shayne, you're warm."

"i'm okay, i swear." shayne said as he took his overshirt off. "just need to remove a layer."

brooklyn sighed with worry and went back to the soup.

"i made chicken noodle, sorry it's from a can but i didn't have much notice." brooklyn joked as she poured two bowls of soup.

shayne smiled. "it's okay, brooke."

brooklyn placed a bowl in front of shayne and he said a quiet thank you as brooklyn sat down across from him.

the two began eating in comfortable quiet. brooklyn kept glancing at shayne who looked sicker by the minute.

i'm not letting this man go back to work. brooklyn thought. in the time it took brooklyn to glance back to her bowl, shayne shot up and ran to the bathroom.

brooklyn stood up and heard shayne throwing up. she hurried into the bathroom and began rubbing his back. once his stomach was empty, shayne groaned and sat against the shower.

"i'm sorry." shayne said quietly.

"no, babe, it's okay." brooklyn said, grabbing a dixie cup and filling it up with water.

"here." she said, handing him the small cup of water. shayne took a small sip and rubbed his face.

"i didn't think i was that sick." shayne said as he stood up.

"let's go lay you down." brooklyn said, leading shayne with a hand on his back.

"no, brooke, i'm fine now." shayne protested as they walked toward brooklyn's bedroom.

"get in bed." brooklyn said, continuing to force shayne to walk. shayne raised his eyebrows in amusement and laid down on the bed.

"who do i need to let know you aren't going back into work?" brooklyn asked, covering shayne with a blanket.

"selina." shayne answered. brooklyn nodded and left the room. she quickly grabbed a bottle of water, a big bowl in case shayne had to throw up again, and some pepto bismol. she sent selina a text and went back into the bedroom. she put everything on the side table next to shayne and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"get some sleep, i let selina know you're sick." she said, making her way toward the door.

"hey brooklyn?" shayne said.

"yeah?" she asked.

"can you lay with me?" shayne asked.

brooklyn smiled and crawled into bed, letting shayne lay his head on her shoulder.

"can i tell you something?" he asked.

"of course." brooklyn said, running her hand in his hair.

"i threw up at work, too." shayne said. "i think i ate something bad."

"shayne." brooklyn said sadly. "why didn't you leave sooner?" she asked.

"we were getting ready to film." shayne said. brooklyn continued to run her hand through his hair.

"you have to take care of yourself." she said.

"thank you for taking care of me." shayne said.

brooklyn smiled. "i'll take care of you always."

°°°

abi speaks!
heres a cute little chapter for you <3

see you in the next 😘