extra! mother's day special

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

EXTRA!
"HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY"

°°°

SHAYNE knew being quiet wasn't his strong suit. right now, especially, he was very aware of every noise being made.

he walked lightly through the house, knowing his wife was not a deep sleeper. ever since their daughter was born, the softest sound would waken the nervous new mother.

shayne made his way downstairs, cringing at every creak. the large golden retriever in the house excitedly made her way to her father, her loud stomps making shayne cover his mouth to hold in a laugh.

"peachy, shh." he said quietly. peach lowered her body and shayne ruffled her fur as he walked toward the kitchen.

he opened the fridge and began preparing to make brooklyn breakfast. he wanted to make her chocolate chip waffles, bacon, and fruit salad, which would probably be her favorite part.

as the fourth waffle sat in the maker, and the bacon was sizzling on the stove, shayne went over to their coat closet and grabbed the hidden gift bag and card. he set it up on the kitchen table and scurried over to remove the waffle.

he was into his groove, cutting up fruit and flipping the bacon every so often he didn't hear brooklyn's footsteps on the stairs.

"good morning!" she said quietly, holding a sleepy ten month old.

"oh crap, i was trying to surprise you." shayne said. "happy first mother's day!" he grinned, watching his daughter place her head covered in crazy dirty blonde hair onto brooklyn's chest.

"this is so sweet." brooklyn smiled, taking in the sight. "thank you, babe."  she went over and pressed a kiss on shayne's lips. he kissed her a second time and then leaned down to kiss their daughter.

"good morning, holly." he said into her forehead. holly's face lit up, giggling as her father placed kisses all over her face.

"say good morning, daddy." brooklyn said to her daughter. in response, holly excitedly wiggled. "ood moring, daddeee." she babbled.

"why don't you two sit down and i'll get everything plated for you." shayne said. brooklyn sat down on a stool that overlooked their kitchen island. peach ran up next to her and brooklyn scratched her head.

"i can't believe you got me a present." brooklyn smiled. shayne turned and furrowed his brows. "okay, actually, i can believe it, you're a great husband." she smiled.

shayne chuckled. "it's not just from me, holly helped pick it out."

shayne grabbed brooklyn's plate once she was done and placed it and his in the sink. "alright, present time!"

brooklyn laughed. "yay! i'm excited!"

shayne sat back down next to her, watching holly still eat her breakfast. "you're so gross." he laughed. brooklyn looked over and saw holly smearing the chocolate from the waffle all over her mouth.

"you get to clean her up, it's mother's day." she laughed. shayne lowered his head and shook it sadly. as if she knew what was going on, holly laughed at her father.

"oh yeah." shayne chuckled. "rub it in."

he pulled the gift bag toward brooklyn. she grinned and pulled out the pink tissue paper.

inside the bag was a wooden jewlery box with dainty flowers painted on it. there was a spot for a picture in the center, so shayne put a recent picture of him and brooklyn, with holly sitting on his shoulders. brooklyn gasped as she pulled it out. "shayne, this is beautiful."

shayne smiled as she investigated the beautiful box. "look inside."

brooklyn opened the jewlery box and there was a small necklace box with a little bow inside. she excitedly looked at shayne and opened the box.

"it's ruby, holly's birthstone." shayne said as brooklyn held up the silver chain with a small ruby dangling off.

"and now you don't have to leave all of your jewlery on our dresser." shayne joked.

brooklyn grinned at her husband. "it's so beautiful, thank you." shayne nodded and got up. she handed him the necklace and he placed it around her neck, clasping it together for her. she tilted her head up and the couple kissed. she placed a hand on his face and smiled when they pulled away.

"i love you." brooklyn said.

shayne pressed another kiss to her lips. "i love you more."

shaynetopp made a new post!

liked by brooklynharper and 76,835 othersshaynetopp happy mother's day, brooke! thank you for giving me holly (and peach) 🤍 you're the best

shaynetopp happy mother's day, brooke! thank you for giving me holly (and peach) 🤍 you're the best

load comments...

filmingamanda happy mother's day brookie! holly and peach are the luckiest girls

angelagiovanagiarratana i love this 😭😭

angelagiovanagiarratana HAPPY MOTHERS DAY BROOKLYN!!!

co_mill she is the best, isnt she? happy mamas day bb!

spennser your wife is pretty awesome! happy mother's day brooklyn :))

phatchanse she took mother to the next level ❤️

erindougal yess mommy 🤍 happy mother's day!

ianhecox ur so whipped shayne 😉 happy mother's day brooklyn!

brooklynharper i love you 😘😘😘 thank you so much 🤍

load more comments...

°°°

abi speaks!
happy mother's day! 🌷🌷

surprise! i got this idea and really wanted to share it with yall

i was thinking that i could make little extra chapters every once in a while because i get random ideas and i'm already obsessed with holly harper topp ❤️

so keep an eye out for spontaneous updates sometimes!! thanks for the continuous love on this fic and check out my angela fic if you haven't already!

see ya xoxo