chapter twenty-seven

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
"WELCOME ABOARD"

°°°

brooklynharper added to their story!

brooklynharper

●○○

○●○

○●○

○○●

○○●

BROOKLYN tapped her foot as she watched shayne, amanda, angela, courtney, and trevor film the outro for a games video.

"so, brooklyn, how do you think your first video behind the scenes went?" spencer asked in a hushed voice.

"well, i didn't do too much." brooklyn chuckled. "but watching them do their job has been pretty fun."

"hey, you told shayne to straighten out his collar." spencer said.

brooklyn laughed. "that was just me being a nagging girlfriend."

"you see nagging girlfriend, i see director." spencer said with a grin.

"that's very kind, spenc." brooklyn smiled.

spencer smiled and then brought his attention back to the video being filmed. they were wrapping up and brooklyn knew that after this was lunch.

she noticed shayne, angela, and courtney whispering and smiling over at her but didn't think too much of it. they were probably just teasing shayne because that's what they do best.

once they were finished shayne smirked as he walked over to brooklyn. "how'd you like watching the talent at work?"

brooklyn jokingly rolled her eyes. "it was great. i felt totally schooled."

"must be great to watch your heroes do what they do best." shayne said, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

brooklyn smiled. "whatever, let's go eat."

shayne smirked at brooklyn as the two of them made their way out of the games stage.

"what?" brooklyn asked.

shayne shrugged. "oh, nothing." he said as brooklyn's eyes widened. she was met by a massive amount of party food, balloons, and a large banner that said 'welcome brooklyn!'

"are you kidding me?!" she gasped, looking over at a smiling shayne.

"you did not have to do this!" brooklyn grinned as she approached ian and anthony who were proudly standing by the big table full of food.

"we didn't have to but we wanted to." anthony said as brooklyn embraced him and ian.

"welcome to smosh!" angela excitedly yelled.

brooklyn laughed as people around her cheered. "this is crazy! thank you so much." she beamed.

everyone began grabbing lunch and sitting at the various tables. shayne sat down at a table with brooklyn, amanda, angela, and courtney.

"thanks for getting hired so we get a cool party." he said, pressing a kiss to her head as he sat down.

"you're very welcome." brooklyn smiled.

"hey everybody, sorry to interrupt." ian began announcing as conversation died down.

"i just wanted to say a quick welcome to brooklyn." he continued. "we are very honored to have orphan star herself apart of our team."

everybody laughed and anthony took over. "it's so exciting to have our first nepo best friend-slash-girlfriend." he joked.

brooklyn laughed and raised her can of soda in the air. "thank you." she called out.

"we'll let you guys get back to it." ian said. "but anyway, brooklyn, welcome aboard."

cheering resumed around brooklyn and she covered her face and blushed.

shayne wrapped his arms around his embarrassed girlfriend. "get used to that." he smiled. "everyone here loves you."

"yeah we do." courtney grinned.

"so so much." amanda added.

brooklyn smiled. "i love you all too." 

"good because you're stuck here now." angela said.

brooklyn laughed and focused on eating her lunch. she had grabbed a piece of pizza, a pile of salad, and an assortment of appetizer type foods. 

converstation was flowing and shayne and brooklyn had a great time sneaking sweet glances at each other followed by blushed cheeks or smirks.

"we have one more special surprise for you." shayne smiled and selina and anthony walked out holding bags full of different types of ice cream. ian placed large stack of paper bowls and plastic spoons on a large table as brooklyn grinned.

"oh my god, my favorite food." she said, turning to shayne. "did you arrange this?"

"with so much help." shayne said, looking over at amanda, angela, and courtney.

"you guys are seriously the best." brooklyn beamed with watery eyes.

"go get your ice cream girl, you can cry later." courtney joked.

brooklyn laughed. "you don't have to tell me twice."

°°°

abi speaks!
first official day at smosh in the bag!