chapter eight

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER EIGHT
"JUST THE SWEETEST"

°°°

brooklyn | brookiecookie

can't believe i'm going on a date with someone who has been filmed saying the word bussy
\

angelagiarratanapasta | anggiarratana
okay hard launch queen
\

brooklyn | brookiecookie
could be anyone 🤷‍♀️

BROOKLYN smoothed her black dress down on her legs in front of her mirror.

"that's awfully sexy for a casual date." amanda teased over facetime; brooklyn's phone was sitting on her dresser.

"yeah, but we're going to a fancy restaurant." brooklyn said, grabbing her purse. "still casual, though."

"doesn't seem like it." amanda said. brooklyn sighed.

"he made the reservation, not me." she defended.

"even more proof that only you are making this casual." amanda said.

"i'll hang up on you." she joked.

"sorry, sorry!" amanda said. "so, when's he picking you up?" she asked.

brooklyn slipped on a pair of black heels. "seven, so like, soon." she rushed into the bathroom, heels clacking on the floor.

"ahh! i'm so excited for you!" amanda exclaimed. brooklyn smiled.

"you know, if this goes well, i'm the one responsible." amanda said. brooklyn rolled her eyes as she sprayed herself with perfume.

"sure." brooklyn said. she looked in the mirror and brought her phone eye level.

"i'll admit, i'm a little nervous." brooklyn said.

amanda smiled. "you are going to have so much fun. you look absolutely beautiful, brookie."

"thank you, amanda." brooklyn smiled.

"he's going to die when he sees you." amanda assured.

"why do i feel like i'm sixteen and going to prom?" brooklyn asked. amanda laughed.

there was a knock at the front door which made brooklyn's stomach drop.

"he'sheregottagobye." she said quickly, hanging up the phone. she grabbed a light black jacket and opened the door.

"hi, shayne, it's great to see you." brooklyn said. shayne smiled. he was wearing a light colored button up with a dark shirt. he was was wearing dark cuffed pants and black converse.

"wow, brooklyn, you look great." he said as he was pulled into a hug.

"aww, thank you." brooklyn said. "you look great too." she pulled away.

shayne led her to his car. he opened her door and she got in, admiring his surprisingly clean car. she smiled as he slid into his seat.

"i can't believe we actually got around around to doing this." brooklyn joked as she sipped on her cherry coke.

shayne laughed lightly. "i know right?"

"so, what's going on in your world?" brooklyn asked.

"so much work." shayne answered. "luckily, i have a really fun job." he laughed.

brooklyn laughed too. "i completely agree." she said. "i couldn't imagine not being an actor."

"you were in orphan, right?" shayne smirked. brooklyn jokingly rolled her eyes.

"i was orphan. get it right." she joked.

shayne laughed. "i love tv and movie acting, but doing smosh has been some of the best times of my life."

"i'm so jealous." brooklyn said. "i would love to do sketch comedy and the other fun stuff you guys to over there."

"i think you could do it." shayne said. brooklyn smiled.

"i don't think i'm funny enough." she and shayne laughed.

"ah, come on, you'd kill on try not to laugh." shayne said. brooklyn laughed.

"yeah, okay." she said.

brooklyn and shayne's food arrived and they continued talking. brooklyn wasn't a big fan of dates. she had been on several, but none of them ever went amazing. normally by this time, she's trying to figure out a way to excuse herself to the bathroom so she can call amanda to get her out of this.

maybe it was the handfull of crappy boyfriends that made brooklyn feel like she didn't deserve a nice guy or maybe it was the couple girlfriends that rushed their relationships and turned into heartbreak that made brooklyn nervous about dating. but in brooklyn's mind, it was a her problem.

brooklyn would admit, she got a little nervous and wanted to get up and run away but she stayed seated and found herself genuinely having a good time. she even took a few pictures.

the waiter brought the bill and brooklyn grabbed her purse.

shayne quickly grabbed the small black folder. "hey, no, i got it." he smiled.

brooklyn smiled, taken aback by the bare minimum. "are you sure? i'll gladly pa-"

shayne cut her off. "nope, all good." he said, leaving a tip on the table. he got up and grabbed brooklyn's jacket off of her chair and held it for her to put it on.

"aren't you just the sweetest?" brooklyn said, blushing. "thank you."

"so, i hear you like ice cream." shayne said as they walked out. "want to stop on the way home?"

brooklyn laughed. "of course i do." she pushed his arm. "you're really good at this."

°°°

abi speaks!
heyyy! sorry for such a delay in this update! hope everyone who celebrated had a great thanksgiving :)

see you in the next one!!