chapter two

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWO
"LIKE A DATE, BABE"

°°°

SHAYNE stopped typing on his laptop and looked over at amanda. they were talking about smosh mouth episodes.

"...and then the next week we can talk about our high school years." she said.

"yeah, that's a great idea." he said. "so we'll do dating with chanse, we said?"

"yep." amanda said. shayne nodded and closed his laptop. amanda smiled.

"what?" he asked, a small smiling forming on his face.

"well, uh, speaking of dating..." amanda drew out. shayne rolled his eyes and laughed.

"amanda..." shayne said.

"listen," amanda said. "you and my friend brooklyn should hang out sometime."

shayne shrugged. "i mean, don't get me wrong, she seems great, but i'm not really looking for anything right now." he explained.

"what are you not looking for?" angela asked, walking up to the pair.

"a fullfilling and loving life partner." amanda said. shayne laughed.

"she wants me to hang out with brooklyn." shayne said.

"oh, yeah, brooklyn's great." angela said, sitting next to amanda.

"like a date, babe." amanda said to angela.

"ohhh." angela said. "you totally should! she's super cool. beautiful too."

"see," amanda started. "angela approves."

"i mean, shayne, if you don't go on a date with brooklyn, i will." angela shrugged. an excited expression grew on the other woman's face.

"really!?" amanda asked.

angela laughed and walked away. amanda got up to follow angela.

"ang! wait! you can just say that and walk away!" amanda called out, hurring over to angela.

shayne laughed and pulled out his phone.

it wouldn't hurt to just see her vibe. he thought. shayne opened instagram and went to amanda's post recent post to find brooklyn's account. he pressed on her username.

oh, a lot of smosh members follow her.

his attention was drawn to the many mutual followers. obviously he knew that amanda, angela, courtney, and arasha followed her due to amanda's comments. however, he didn't know tommy, kimmy, and even selina followed her. he began scrolling. he decided to scroll far and work his way back up.

okay, this isn't weird at all.

liked by filmingamanda and 61,925 othersbrooklynharper they let me outside

brooklynharper they let me outside

load comments...

filmingamanda who did that??
\
brooklynharper idk but i had enough daiquries to sanitize a wound
\
filmingamanda oh jeez

angelagiovanagiarratana blondie killing it as always
\
brooklynharper 💁🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️ 👩🏻‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏼

load more comments...

oh, she was blonde. looks nice.

liked by phatchanse and 59,183 othersbrooklynharper i like long walks on the beach and fishing with my boys

brooklynharper i like long walks on the beach and fishing with my boys

load comments...

that's funny.

shayne scrolled up a little, smiling at the pictures of brooklyn and amanda that he passed.

liked by angelagiovanagirratana and 60,962 others
brooklynharper kitty!!

load comments...

aww, that's so swee-

"shayne, our food is here." spencer said to, causing him to jump.

"what are you doing?" spencer asked. shayne turned off his phone.

"oh, nothing man." shayne said, getting up. "let's eat." he smiled and spencer.

that wasn't embarrassing at all.

°°°

abi speaks!
im not good at slow burn but i don't want this to go super fast so there will probably be a bunch of short chapters. hope you're enjoying this so far :)

bye!!