Chapter Three

Angel shook his head, attempting to rid himself of the memory. The intrusion of these memories in his dreams always unsettled him, as he had no control over their unwelcome return. Rolling over, he nearly screamed upon spotting the radio demon in his bed. Startled, the spider quickly sat up, assuming the deer had left. Yet, here Alastor was, fast asleep in Angel's bed—a surprising vulnerability the demon rarely displayed.

The sight caught Angel off guard. The deer, usually adorned with a perpetual smile, now rested peacefully with an uncharacteristic tranquility. His breaths came in slow puffs, and the soft static emitted from him filled the otherwise quiet room. Ears folded down against his hair, Alastor's hands lay in a way that hinted at a restrained attempt to reach for Angel. Unable to tear his gaze away, the spider couldn't help but smile as he observed the sleeping demon. It was a feeling he wished not to forget, though he worried whether the deer already had.

His smile faded as darker thoughts crept in. Did Alastor truly remember him? Even before Angel began his quest to forget, some memories proved elusive. Had the deer stumbled upon his real name somewhere and decided to use it? And even if Alastor did remember, both of them had changed over time. Could things ever revert to the way they once were? Did Alastor even desire such a return?

A soft oink snapped Angel out of his contemplations. Fat Nuggets, who had been sleeping on Alastor's side, stood up and wagged his tail before waddling over to Angel, crawling over Alastor in the process. The deer stirred, and Angel swiftly grabbed the pig before he could get smushed. Murmuring a soft good morning to the pig, Angel carried him over to his food bowl for breakfast.

Suddenly, the room was filled with loud static. Both Angel and Fat Nuggets turned their attention to the bed. Alastor sat up, the static gradually reducing to a soft hum, and his gaze fixed on Angel. Clearly still half-asleep, the demon managed a smile—a genuine one that set Angel's heart aflutter, a smile he remembered all too well.