Chapter Six

Anthony sat on the couch in Alastor's living room, sighing deeply as he rubbed his tired eyes. Despite the late hour, sleep eluded him. He had managed to persuade Alastor to let him stay the night, but the brunette was firm about not allowing Anthony into his bed. So, the blonde found himself resigned to the couch. He hated it, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. It had taken almost a month for Alastor to hold his hand, and even longer for a kiss. Anthony found it endearing, how the confident young man could still get nervous when it came to matters of the heart.

Deciding to distract himself, Anthony slid off the couch and walked over to the radio. Although Alastor had given permission to turn it on, the blonde opted to keep the volume low, allowing it to emit a soft hum. He returned to the couch and laid back down, hoping the subtle noise would help him drift off.

As he started to doze off, the quiet of the night was disrupted by the unmistakable sound of footsteps. Groggily, the blonde sat up, glancing towards the living room's entrance leading into the kitchen. Slowly, Anthony got up, making his way to the doorway, rubbing the remnants of sleep from his eyes. "Al?" he questioned, his voice barely audible in the dimly lit kitchen, the moonlight streaming through the window casting a gentle glow.

The blonde's eyes widened as they landed on Alastor. Shocked, he stood there in silence, unable even to form a scream.