Chapter Twenty-Three

"Come, my dear. Nifty has prepared a lovely breakfast," Alastor announced, prompting Angel to follow him downstairs to the kitchen. A few months had passed since Alastor had managed to secure his contract, though the progress in breaking it remained slow. There had been no news from the Vees, indicating that they were likely in hiding until Valentino healed.

"Morning, Angie!" Cherri Bomb, who had started living at the hotel a few weeks ago, called out as Angel and Alastor entered the kitchen. Charlie and Vaggie were already eating, engaged in conversation. Husk poured himself a drink, and Niffty was diligently making more pancakes. Alastor took his seat, and Angel settled beside him. The atmosphere remained peaceful as they ate, engaging in small conversations.

Once breakfast concluded, each demon dispersed to carry out their daily activities. Angel headed back to his room, deciding to lounge around while Alastor attended to some errands. The spider reclined on his bed, with Fat Nuggets curling up next to him. He scrolled through social media for a while before succumbing to a nap.

Several hours later, Angel awoke to the soothing hum of radio static. Alastor stood in the doorway, wearing a soft smile. Angel greeted him with a slight smile as he sat up. "Hey, how long have you been back?"

"I've only just returned," Alastor replied. The deer moved forward, gently kissing the spider on the forehead. "And I have brought you something."

Curious, Angel inquired, "Oh? What is it?"

Alastor presented a bouquet of flowers, and not just any flowers—white chrysanthemums. A soft gasp escaped the spider as he carefully took the bouquet. "I thought they didn't grow here."

Alastor chuckled and sat down next to Angel, allowing Fat Nuggets to settle in his lap. "Well, they don't, my dear."

"Then how did you get them?"

"Charlie owed me a favor."

Angel didn't press for more details, understanding that it likely involved Charlie's influence as the princess of Hell. Instead, he simply smiled and hugged the deer. "Thank you, Al."

Alastor returned the embrace, "You're welcome, Anthony."