Chapter Eight

Anthony paced back and forth, the rhythmic tapping of his shoes on the pavement echoing the frantic beats of his heart. Waiting for Alastor in front of the coffee shop, the blonde found himself increasingly anxious. Alastor was never late—something had to be wrong. As minutes stretched into an agonizing eternity, the worst possible scenarios played in his mind.

Attempting to calm his racing thoughts, Anthony took a deep breath, mumbling quietly, "Al is probably just busy. He'll be here soon." Seeking a distraction, he walked over to a nearby newsstand and decided to pass the time by reading the paper. The blonde first flipped to the page of comics, sitting down on a bench and chuckling at the whimsical cartoons. Seeking more substantial news, he turned to the front page, only to find a headline about some conflict in Germany. Anthony, disinterested, turned to the inside story, and his world shattered as he read the words.

Local Radio Show Host Found Dead

'Early this morning, beloved radio show host Alastor was shot and killed by a hunter who mistook him for a deer...'

The words blurred as Anthony's eyes filled with tears. The only person he had left—someone who accepted him for who he was, someone he loved, someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with—was dead