Chapter Seven

Angel Dust scanned the interior of the emporium, his eyes taking in the surprisingly elegant surroundings. "This place is a lot nicer than I imagined." "Yes, well, Rosie does like to keep things tidy," the radio demon replied. Alastor guided Angel over to where Rosie was, currently assisting a young imp in tying a ribbon on a box of fingers. "Hello, Rosie," Alastor greeted cheerily.

Rosie looked up, her face breaking into a warm smile. "Alastor! I was hoping you’d stop by. I’ve made your favorite today. And who is this? A friend of yours?" She turned her attention to Angel. "Ah, yes, Rosie, this is Angel Dust. Angel, this is Rosie," the deer introduced them. "Well, it is good to meet you, Angel. Any friend of Alastor’s is a friend of mine. So, what brings you here?" "Al dragged me along," the spider replied, coinciding with Alastor saying, "Breakfast." "Oh, of course. I know what this one wants, but what can I get you, Angel?" Rosie inquired. "Uh, I don’t really know." "Well, then, how about I give you the same thing as Alastor?"

And just like that, Angel found himself seated at a small table with the radio demon, a steaming bowl of breakfast jambalaya placed before him. He glanced up at Alastor, who was happily savoring his meal, then looked back down at his own bowl. "I don’t know what I expected, but this wasn’t it." "Well, if you’d like, I could give you something different," Rosie offered, but Angel shook his head. "This is alright." He finally took a bite, realizing Alastor was right—Rosie’s cooking was nothing short of extraordinary. "This is amazing," Angel stated. Rosie chuckled, "You can have as much as you’d like, dear. I made a bit too much this time around." With that, she gracefully walked away to assist another customer.

"So, she serves food and sells stuff?" Angel asked Alastor, taking another bite. "In a way, yes. Rosie makes breakfast every weekend. Besides that, she doesn’t really serve food.""Oh, I guess that makes sense." After savoring the last few bites, they left the emporium, heading to their next destination.

Initially, the air was filled with a comfortable silence as they walked, but soon enough, the two fell into an engaging conversation. Angel couldn't help but notice how natural it felt speaking to Alastor—almost as easy as it was when they were alive.