Chapter 4

All the male guests are in the Hall having a small party. One of his friends says the party is like a kitty party as it has only mocktails and sherbet and says where the alcohol drinks are???  Another friend, with a playful grin, quips about the Inder's predicament, suggesting that if he had a son, the scenario might be different, There is no fault of Inder, if he had a son he would have made us drink a lot of liquor today.

Everyone is laughing, Inder says, "I don't differentiate between a daughter and a son; both hold equal significance for me," Inder asserts. Now, as the father of a girl, he says that bringing alcohol into the house isn't appropriate.

Addressing the issue of a liquor party, he says, ,''aur Raha sawal sharab ka to Bhai tu bahar chal tujhe bahar hotel mein party dunga, tab tujhe jitni chahie utani Peele'
(And as far as the question of alcohol is concerned, brother, let's meet, I will give you a party in the hotel, then you can have as much as you want.)

Today, let's settle for sherbet instead."

Inder's commitment to equality and a responsible environment resonates in his decisions.

..................

In Panchi's room :-

They all reach Gudiya's room. Premlata asks them to come inside. All the women and girls surround Premlata and congratulate her and inquire about her well-being. Everyone sees the gudiya and praises her. The girls tell Premlata that they like her name "Panchi". All the women blessed the girl.

All those women go a little further and talk. Premlata used to talk nicely to everyone like Inder. She knows that her husband considered these people as his own family. That's why she also respected everyone. But other rich women do not like her doing this.

While the ladies engage in further conversations with Premlata.
Neev stands by Panchi's cradle, observing the peacefully sleeping baby. The other children, though not as close, catch glimpses of Panchi from a distance. The room buzzes with the joyous atmosphere of the celebration.

Everyone was busy with their own work and talking. During this time Milind's entire attention was on the panchi. He had seen such beauty for the first time. That girl was very delicate, He had seen such beauty for the first time.

That girl was very delicate. She looked as if someone had wrapped a cloud in a soft cloth. She looked just like pink pink cotton candy. He slowly goes and stands near panchi and stares at her. He was staring at her with such intensity that it seemed as if she would just disappear and he would never be able to see her again.

Panchi, like a living doll, captivates everyone with her adorable appearance. Her softness resembles a gentle cotton ball, and her big, deer-like eyes radiate innocence. She has a small nose and cute pink lips.  She is a very chubby girl.

Panchi awakens, seemingly aware of Milind's gaze, and locks eyes with him. Milind, enchanted, finds himself captivated by her. The baby responds with a sweet smile, A magical moment unfolds as she smiles.

Seeing her awaken Neev gently caresses Panchi's soft cheeks, prompting a pang of jealousy in Milind. And filled with a desire to do the same.

Determined to share in the affection, Milind approaches Panchi, intending to touch her cheek. He goes to Panchi and is about to touch her cheek when Neev slaps his hand and yells at him. The sudden commotion startles Panchi, and she bursts into tears.

Seeing Panchi crying, Premlata runs there and takes her in her arms and starts soothing her.

Then Neev  points towards Milind saying that, 'Vo uske gande hathon se Panchi Ko chhu raha tha isliye Panchi Rone lagi' (he was touching Panchi with his dirty hands and that's why Panchi started crying.) Then Milind looks at his hands. For the first time he sees his hands are dirty. Before this he had never felt that his hands were dirty because of mud or grease.