Chapter 10

In the Shah household, a concerning situation unfolds as the family members gather around the dining table one morning.

Everyone is present except for Ashok, whose absence has become increasingly frequent. Inder, noticing the pattern, questions Jaya about Ashok's whereabouts, but she remains quite, claiming ignorance to his actions.

Meanwhile, Jaya, Ashok's wife, is in the worry as her own husband also fails to return home regularly. However, she struggles to voice her concerns openly, reluctant to acknowledge her husband's faults in front of others.

With Ashok keeping her in the dark about his activities, Jaya finds herself trapped in a difficult position, torn between her loyalty as a wife and her growing apprehension about her husband's behavior.

Ashok's frequent absences were not limited to his home but also extended to his office, raising concerns among his colleagues.

Inder had always harbored feelings about some of Ashok's friends, who seemed to be more interested in exploiting their friendship for financial gain rather than genuine friendship.

Despite Inder's warnings to Ashok to steer clear of such individuals, Ashok remained unfazed, continuing his association with them.

Despite his misgivings, Inder struggled with how to address the situation, torn between his loyalty to family and his sense of duty and honesty in the workplace.

Inder finds himself in a difficult position, unable to speak freely about Ashok's frequent absences due to their familial ties. Being Ashok's brother-in-law, Inder treads carefully, mindful of the potential repercussions his words might have on Premlata.

He knows that revealing too much could inadvertently hurt Premlata, leading to strained relations within the family. Therefore, he chooses to remain silent on the matter, opting to leave it unresolved.

However, had Inder made an effort to uncover the truth, he might have spared himself and the Shah family from the impending storm that lies ahead. By confronting the issue head-on and seeking clarity, he could have mitigated the challenges and uncertainties that arise from Ashok's mysterious disappearances, ultimately preventing further turmoil within the family.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whenever Milind went out for an evening stroll, he often found himself wandering around the mansion. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the surroundings, his gaze would invariably seek out Panchi.

Within a few days Panchi started dancing very well. After coming back from school, she used to go to dance class with her other friends in the evening.

As she emerged from the mansion, adorned in a graceful Red Anarkali suit, she exuded an undeniable charm and elegance.

While other girls might have been dressed in heavy attire and adorned with elaborate makeup, Milind's eyes were drawn solely to Panchi. Her simple yet stunning appearance captivated him, with her loose braid, delicate mangtika adorning her head, and a small bindi gracing her forehead.

Apart from this, she neither wore heavy clothes nor heavy make-up. There was not even a little makeup on Panchhi's face, yet she looked very beautiful among all these girls. As always, some strands of hair were touching her cheeks and the dimples of her cheeks looked very cute while laughing.

In that moment, as Panchi stepped into view, time seemed to stand still for Milind. His heart skipped a beat, and the world around him faded into the background as he marveled at the beauty and grace of the girl who had captured his attention so completely.