chapter 9

There was actually a treaty signed between RAVARYN and TARGARYEN. According to which they will be ally if and only if their children get married to each other. That is why the banquet was held on the first place. To make their children meet.

y/n's POV

We were in embrace of each other. When I realized what I just did. I kissed MR. RUDE!! My mind raced with confusion and embarrassment as I pulled away, unsure of how such a mistake could have occurred. He looked just as shocked, his expression filled with uncertainty. I was so embarrassed that I ran away from there.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I was happy with this feeling. It felt like happiness to me, when she pulled back from the kiss looked at me in confusion and embarrassment. I didn't knew what happened but she ran away from me. Did I did something wrong? Was she not ready for this? what do I do?

With these thoughts I went to the banquet back. She was standing there, Touching her lips. it is making me lose control, so I decided to not look at her.

King: you all knew that today's banquet is held because want to be our ally. but a bigger reason to hold this banquet is that Prince of TARGARYEN, Prince Ivan, and my daughter, princess y/n, are getting married in next 10 days.

when I heard it, it felt like my world destroyed. As King's announcement echoed through the grand hall, I struggled to maintain a facade of composure, masking the turmoil raging within me. Every word uttered felt like a dagger twisting in my chest, each syllable a painful reminder of what could never be. The air grew thick with the weight of unspoken emotions, the joyful celebrations around me fading into a blur of insignificance. 

that's when I understood my feeling. that uncertain feeling that I get every time I am with her. Even though in starting I was angry and frustrated around her. But things changed. It changed when i saw her giggling, helping the beggar and fighting for her father with warriors, knowing that it can even lead to fatal injury but still she did it. now I know how I feel for her. I...like her..

I looked at y/n, and she was as shocked as I was from this announcement. I saw a shred of hope that maybe she didn't knew about it. maybe things can work out for us.

Y/N'S POV

King: Prince of TARGARYEN, Prince Ivan, and my daughter, princess y/n, are getting married in next 10 days.

When I heard it, my first reaction was looking at Mr. rude. what is happening? why am I getting married? I decided to talk to my father.

Father: sorry, princess. I wasn't about to tell you about it. it all happened really quick. but don't worry we still have 10 days for preparation.

y/n: but father, I don't want to marry him.

Father: you have to. we have signed a treaty with them.

That's when I realized that I was nothing more than a pawn in their game. My father is marrying me to our enemy just to make them our ally in fight with. I felt overwhelmed with my emotions. The weight of betrayal settled heavy on my shoulders as I understood the true nature of this union. Forced into a marriage of convenience, I felt a surge of defiance mixed with despair, knowing that my fate was being decided solely for political gain. 

Not knowing, tears started to roll down from my eyes as I went outside the hall.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I saw her going outside the hall with tears rolling down her face. I followed her because I had some questions to ask her.

Her figure was small against the grand corridor of the castle, but her tears sparkled like diamonds in the dim light. I quickened my pace, my heart heavy with all the questions in my mind. As I caught up to her, I gently called out her name, my voice barely above a whisper. She turned, startled, her tear-streaked face a mix of surprise and vulnerability.

I felt this heavy pain in my heart seeing her crying. I went toward her and hugged her, letting her in my embrace. Her tears dampened my shoulder as she melted into the warmth of my embrace, seeking solace in the midst of her sorrow. In that moment, words seemed inadequate, so I simply held her, offering silent comfort.

Y/N'S POV

i was running with tears in my eyes when i heard someone whispering my name. As i moved back, Mr. rude was standing there.