Chapter 2

As she made her way out of the airport in the sunny, picturesque part of Hong Kong, she was greeted by the hotel pickup. She spotted her name on the placard and made her way towards the chauffeur. As she read the placard under her name, her footstep slowed.

Oh, she'd totally forgotten about him. Of course, they were placed in the same hotel!

What rotten luck she thought to herself and went over to introduce herself. As soon as she handed over her luggage to the gentleman, she heard him walk up behind her.

"You know we're here for 3 days at maximum, right? You didn't have to pack your entire apartment!" He said to her:

"In case you've forgotten, it's my brother's wedding and frankly none of your business!!!" She replied curtly and realized, in horror, that the chauffeur had heard her be rude.

She heard Arron chuckle at her outburst and glare at him, after which she headed towards the parked vehicle and got on.

Arron walked behind her and observed her hair in a braid swinging behind her. He contemplated grabbing it and pulling her back, but gave up that thought.

It's day 1, and she's already pissed at him. This weekend was going to be fun.

xxxx

Emelia picked up her phone and called Adrian.

"Hey Addy! We're on our way!"

"Oh great! I was worried that only one of you would make it to Hong Kong!" He laughed

"I'm still contemplating wringing his neck and dumping him in that gorgeous harbor," she said, turning to look at Arron and giving him a dazzling smile, who in turn looked at her and flipped her off.

"So listen, Clara and I are out for breakfast! Why don't you two freshen up, have something to eat, and let's meet up at 12? We'll grab some lunch and head to Central. Clara's friend owns this speakeasy, and we can get some drinks afterwards."

"Yeah, that sounds good! Let me check with demon spawn, and I'll let you know!" She replied

"Hey Em, let's be civil, yeah?" Adrian replied in a serious tone.

"Fine," she said, ending the call.

She turned and looked at Arron.

"Let's call a truce. I'll be civil and nice to you this weekend, and you can keep your funny business to yourself." She asked him while pursing her lips.

"Mmhmm," he hummed, and he turned to look at the passing scenery.

Satisfied, she turned and gazed out happily at one of her favorite cities in the world.

The car pulled up to the hotel adjoining the K-11 mall, and they made their way to the front desk.

After filling out the details and handing over their passports, they were handed over their keycards, and a lady walked over and led them over to their rooms.

She held her tongue when she realized that they had adjoining rooms.

Once she was in her room, she unpacked her clothes and neatly arranged all her stuff for ease.

She decided to order some room service and went to draw herself a bath.

Nothing beats fatigue like a warm soak.

She was drying her hair and styling it when the food arrived.

She thanked the room service personnel, handed him a tip, and walked over to the balcony to enjoy her sandwich while her hair was still in curlers.

"Oh dear god," she heard someone scream, and she looked over to see Arron laughing at her from his balcony, barely separated from hers.

She glared at him and went back inside. She couldn't even enjoy the harbor view in peace. She stepped out on the balcony once again and said,

"I'll be ready at 1130; will you be joining us or not?" She asked him, suppressing her anger.

"Yeah, sure, ring my doorbell when you're ready. Oh, and try to accessorize differently; you don't want to scare the locals." He chucked and went inside.

Now Emelia was royally pissed off. He never stops!

"Ugh," she mumbled, and she went to pick her outfit.

It was pretty hot during the day today, so she decided on a sea green halter top and decided to pair it with a simple denim skirt. She opted for espadrilles, which would be comfortable doing touristy stuff.

She wanted to meet her parents and brother, but they were occupied with the board of directors, who'd flown down to attend the wedding.

Emelia was the youngest child and only daughter of Donald and Sarah-Jane Strong. Michael Strong, her grandfather, had founded an aeronautical company along with his friend, and now her elder brother Duncan is managing it with their father.

Duncan was 6 years older than her, and Adrian was only 2 years older.

They were brought up in New York, where the company was founded, and her father often shuttled between Salt Lake City in Utah, where the majority of the facilities were located.

Emelia moved to London a year and a half ago to pursue her masters in fashion from CSM after completing her bachelors from Parsons.

Adrian had joined a hedge fund, met Arron, and moved to Dubai together, where he had been going on a bender after being immensely stressed out and burned out, during which time Arron had taken care of him. After which, he decided to quit and simply enjoy his life. He was under no pressure, and neither was she, to join the family business.

Their parents were very much still in love and doted on all their kids.

As she reminisced about her past, she set an alarm and decided to take a quick nap.