Chapter 16

3 weeks later

Emelia and Emily were in Paris to attend fashion week. Having had a productive last few weeks and finishing their campaign with Gabrielle, they'd decided to attend the shows after receiving invites from multiple fashion houses. They had planned out their itinerary to explore Paris. It was Emily's first time, and Emelia was excited to be her tour guide.

They had already attended Ralph Lauren, Dior, and Chanel.

Emelia was on photography duty since Emily had to keep up her semi-influencer social media sites updated. They had also done several photo shoots with the look they had created for the events. Most of them had been at instagrammable locations and had made Emelia realize she never wanted to be an influencer. The experience had left a bad taste in her mouth. Some people were snooty and egotistical to the extreme. Sure, they met a lot of nice people, but there was always an air of superiority based on the number of people who followed them. Emelia was content with being behind the lens.

Today was the day they had decided to hit her favorite patisseries. But Emily had suddenly come down with a severe case of period cramps. After fetching her some comfort food and relief medications from the pharmacy, she left to explore on her own after much insistence from Emily not to waste her day.

She headed to her first spot for the day. Barely a 10-minute walk from the beautiful Shangri-La property they were staying at, she made her way to La Pâtisserie by Cyril Lignac.

After shelling a fortune on every pastry that had caught her eye, she decided to drop by the Palais Galliera. After spending an hour carefully examining and observing every article of clothing on display, she began to head back to check in with Emily.

Emily was sleeping when Emelia entered. She quietly arranged the delicacies in the refrigerator and decided to nap herself.

She woke up around 5 p.m. to find Emily hogging on the treats Emelia had brought her.

"You like it?" She asked, laughing at her expression.

"Omgwhyhaventieverhadtjisvefore!!!!!" Emily mumbled, her mouth obviously stuffed.

How are you feeling now? Em asked her while she was walking over to make herself a cup of coffee.

"I'm feeling a lot better. I'll be able to go for dinner!!!" She answered, smiling with glee.

"Omg great! Let's start getting ready in a little while." They decided and finished discussing some details for a dinner they had been invited to by an upcoming brand the following day.

They played music in their room and enjoyed doing their hair and makeup while sipping on a glass of wine. Finally dressed up in stunning outfits, Emily in a short sequinned dress by Monique Lhuillier and an alaia coat over it. Meanwhile, Emelia had decided on a black short skirt with knee-high boots, a white shirt open down to her cleavage, and a cherry red leather jacket.

After taking a few pictures with the Eiffel Tower in the background, they headed down to catch a taxi to the restaurant.

———-

Arron was attending a dinner with the Paris team of their PR firm. They were hosting a party for one of their clients the following night. His father was back in London, and he had asked him to step in his place, and he had obliged. The New York office was still under construction, and he had been working tirelessly with the Human Resources Department to hire the best qualified people.

Arron had quit the hedge fund he'd worked at and stepped up to reduce the burden on his father's shoulders. The real estate, including the commercial properties they owned in the UK, was being managed, but someone was required to take over the PR firm his mother had established early on. His father had managed it for the years following her death, and it had become overly stressful for him. Arron had taken over the management of the house of Pierre, and now his father only indulged in philanthropy.

The team had been excellent in executing the details of the party the client had requested, and he wanted to treat them to a meal to calm their nerves. He was chatting with Eloise, the managing partner, when he spotted a familiar face across the street from the window of the restaurant. Before he could think, the girl disappeared into a cab on the road.

Emelia was in Paris. He had only seen a glance of her before she disappeared, but he was still mesmerized by her beauty. She looked great in everything she wore, a testament to her exceptional fashion sense. But the image of her long legs in those boots had only triggered a memory of that insane night.

His patience was cracking. He had her number memorized thanks to his photographic memory, but he'd never infringe on her privacy.

So he calmed himself down and prayed to heaven for help.

———-

Dinner had been excellent. They had booked a table at a newly opened restaurant that specialized in a modern twist on French classics.

The boeuf bourguignon had exploded on her tongue, and the excellent wine recommendation had been a cherry on top.

They returned to their hotel room and passed out with their food coma. A long day of work and events awaited them, and so they slept dreamlessly.