Chapter 17

Emelia was mesmerized by the collections she had just watched. She noted a few pieces she had particularly liked and planned on contacting her sales associate back home to pull for her. Once the show was done, Emily and Emelia headed to one of the vintage stores they had decided on.

Emelia found a black dress with a silk overlay and lace bodice peeking through the top. The bodice opened with a ruffle to a leg slit. She loved dresses with leg slits. They were sexy and made her feel more feminine.

She tried it on, and it was perfect for her. Finalizing her purchase, Emily also bought a vintage Dior saddle bag she had her eye on. With that, they returned to the hotel. They had an hour before the car would arrive to take them to the venue.

The theme of the party was sensuality. The event was hosted by a French luxury lingerie brand, which made perfect sense. Emily had decided on a nude dress. Her dress was nude with black lace, giving the illusion of a lingerie slip. Emelia had decided to wear the new dress she had bought.

They hurriedly got dressed and went down to the lobby just as Emily's phone rang. It was the driver. Emelia had grabbed the invite with Emily's name since she would be attending the party as her plus one. After confirming their identity with the driver, they were on their way.

They soon arrived on the opposite side of the riverbank, where they were staying. The party was being held on a rooftop overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The view was stunning. Every attendee looked extraordinary, with unique styles and creations. She felt excited. Surrounded by fashion, her favorite things in life. She had always been interested in watching her mother dress up.

Growing up with two elder brothers, she'd been a tomboy till her teens hit. After that, she turned into her mother's clone. Whether it be fashion, make-up, or hair, she loved being feminine. She wished her mother had been able to attend, but she had decided to relax with her husband.

Emily and she picked up a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and were greeted by Eloise, the managing partner for the PR firm, accompanied by the owner of L'art de la sexualité. The four of them were discussing and praising the event when Eloise looked behind Em and beckoned someone over.

"Oh guys, I'd like you to meet Arron Dent Pierre, owner of House of Pierre." She interrupted and moved aside to let the man in.

Emelia's head turned in his direction at the new information.

what. WHAT.

Eloise was introducing Emily to Arron, who was smiling up at him in her telltale flirty smile. She watched Arron politely shake her hand and turn toward her. Eloise then introduced her, and she shot her hand out in front of her to shake his extended hand.

The moment their hands met, Emelia felt a bolt of electricity shoot through her body. She was already befuddled at meeting him here in Paris at this very party as the owner of the PR firm, and this new sensation was muddling her head once again.

They then dropped their hands, and she smiled at him politely. He made no attempt to let their company know that he was no stranger to her. And she respected that.

"Excuse me, ladies, please enjoy the rest of the party." He then turned and left them alone.

After a few minutes, Eloise and Claudia also left them to their own company. Emily then spotted a fellow influencer and excused herself, promising to return quickly.

Finding herself alone, she quickly gulped down the remaining champagne and grabbed another glass. She walked over to the edge of the balcony to admire the twinkling tower. The sight at night always blew her mind away. But right now, her mind was working overtime to stop her from turning to watch Arron.