13: Halliwell Manor

The people inside the Halliwell Manor were caught off guard when the front door of the residence was blown into smithereens.

"Who is that?" Piper seemed unfazed and used to the situation.

Recognizing the intruder, Gaeul answered, "It's Frigid, one of the Novus Red Force."

Without warning, Frigid fired a stream of intense cold at Ive and the Halliwell Witches. Quick to react, Wyatt raised his force field to intercept the attack. In retaliation, Piper stretched forward one arm at Frigid and extended her fingers. Frigid was then seen moving in slow motion before resuming normal speed just seconds later.

"Why didn't she freeze?" Piper was confused.

In another attempt, Piper made the same gesture again but only caused a small explosion to knock back Frigid several meters. Standing back up, Frigid tilted her head, causing a swarm of other creatures to appear in the Manor. The swarm included Scabbars, Harpies, Furies, Shockers, and Banshees.

"It seems she brought company," Chris commented.

"I'll take that Frigid guy," Wyatt claimed.

"We'll handle the rest," Yujin claimed. "Please be careful. Frigid can manipulate air, water, ice, and lightning."

Piper groaned, "I'm getting too old for this!"

Nevertheless, Piper was extremely formidable in battle. In one simple hand gesture, she was able to blast ten creatures at a time. Her offspring, Chris and Melinda, were capable fighters using Telekinesis and Remote Orbing respectively. Gauel's acids, Yujin's darkness, Rei's swarm of particles, and Wonyoung's beam of electricity were slowly whittling down the enemies as well.

On the other hand, Frigid took the first shot and blasted air to Wyatt. Wyatt easily countered with his Telekinesis enhanced by Augmentation he accessed through his Projection ability. Wyatt quickly fired a beam of light as a counterattack but was negated by bolts of electricity from Frigid. Immediately after, Frigid released a continuous stream of icy mist while Wyatt responded with his Energy Wave, putting them at a standstill.

The battle took a drastic turn when three consecutive explosions near Frigid's torso, flinging her backward toward the grandfather clock.

"You messed with the wrong house," Piper smiled cockily at Frigid.

Angered, Frigid shot multiple bolts of lightning. In one fluid motion, Piper froze the bolts mid-air using her right hand and caused Frigid's body to rupture using her left. Piper wasted no more time and started an incantation.

Take this beast, before I end her

Ship her back, return to sender

The simple albeit feistily worded spell teleported Frigid away. The battle left the Halliwell Manor in tatters.

"We apologized about what happened to your residence," Leeseo was apologetic.

"Don't worry. It's a pretty common occurrence," Piper giggled. "Wyatt honey, damage control please."

With a snap of a finger, Wyatt effortlessly restored the Manor to pristine condition. This impressed Ivy greatly.

"I can tell you are actually dealing with a formidable opponent," Piper mentioned as they climbed up the stairs. "My power was not able to completely freeze her."

"Is that a concern?" Liz asked.

"Not to brag but my Molecular Immobilization has been able to freeze most of the beings I came across in all magical realms. One of the two main exceptions are morally good beings such as fellow good witches and most members of the Arcanus Alliance," Piper elaborated.