29: Hall of History

Wanna One arrived at the location where Light was located according to the memories they hacked out of someone's brain.

"Ellipsis? That was not referring to our secret 'Ellipsis Estate', was it?" Jisung said as soon as they materialized.

"We'll never know unless we find out," Sungwoon replied.

"Hall of History?" Daehwi read the name of the building.

"I guess Light is still here after all these years," Kuanlin shrugged.

Kuanlin and the rest entered the familiar building. Once inside, they found four separate rooms: Hallyu's History, The Bicameral Chambers, The Kingdom Seer, and The Chosen Rulers.

With no hesitation, Wanna One visited the Bicameral Chambers' room first. Inside the room dedicated to the Bicameral Chambers, Wanna One saw sixty-seven portraits depicting the members of the Bicameral Chambers each year.

"So, these are the members of the Supreme Six and Twilight Triad since the very beginning," Woojin was amazed at the gallery.

"Interim Seventeenth Supreme Six and Twilight Triad?" Jinyoung noticed a portrait next to the Seventeenth Generation.

"Maybe they are the ones who took over our duties while we are here in the future," Jihoon deduced.

"But why are there two portraits of the Eighteenth Supreme Six and Twilight Triad?" Daniel noticed the two portraits on a conjoined frame for the Eighteenth Bicameral Chambers.

"That's interesting... Why are there two? Is there any difference between the portraits?" Seongwu asked no one in particular.

"In the top portrait, we are in the picture. But in the bottom portrait, we are replaced by In-City," Sungwoon found the difference.

"Really?" Minhyun stepped forward to touch the portrait when his power activated.

⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞⸟⸞

Minhyun did not expect to receive a premonition; let alone an Astral Premonition. An Astral Premonition is an advancement of his power where the user projects their consciousness into a future or past event, allowing the user to experience a premonition with all of their five senses first-hand either through the body of their past or future self or as an outside observer.

In this premonition, Minhyun found himself standing in the middle of the Entente Cordiale Hall filled with the Kingdom's magical squads. He also found Wanna One, including his other self, seated in the middle of empty seats.

"Finally, completing the Eighteenth Supreme Six roster is..." a voice was heard by Minhyun. "...none other than our very own kingdom rulers, Wanna One!"

The hall erupted in thunderous applause with the announcement. Minhyun watched as Wanna One made their way to the front of the Hall.

"All I wanna do, Wanna One! Hello, we are Wanna One!" Jisung, along with the team, chanted. "Thank you for making us part of the Supreme Six once again. However, we are sorry to say that we cannot accept the title anymore..."

The crowd turned into a sea of hushed murmurs with Jisung's statement.

"...because, tonight, we are officially retiring."

The statement stunned everyone in the hall in the premonition, including Minhyun.

"As Jisung-hyung said, we are retiring," Minhyun heard Kuanlin repeat the statement. "By midnight tonight, we, Wanna One, will already have stepped down as Hallyu's Second Generation of Chosen."