What if??

Just before the police men left they told me that the person taking me in will be holding a sign with my name on it.
I really can't wait to see where I'm going, the flight attendants won't tell me for some reason.
Are they in on this little trick?
I have never flew without Nathan. He's always right beside me holding my hand as we take off and land. It's sad to think that I will never get to hold it again.

The plane is now starting to land, I look out the window next to me and see... Monaco airport? MONACO FUCKING AIRPORT????

I get off the plane and go to baggage collection and security, I start to ride down the escalator to find who I'm staying with.
This place is so crowded, I don't remember it being this crowded when my father took me and Nathan to Monte Carlo for the race weekend... why's it so busy right now?
I finally see a man Holding a sign with my name on it.

This is for sure a trick? I have no clue who this guy is, if they wanted to sent me to a random person In Foster care why did they send me to one here and not england??
The man is surrounded by other people. Like he's famous or something...

The guy holding the sign told me to come with him, he grabbed my shoulders and tan out with me and a lot of people following behind.

I thought I was being kidnapped, but then I saw paparazzi outside and was now completely confused on what was happening.
Everyone's yelling, it's hard to hear what's happening.
Then I turn around and see max verstappen

WAIT A SECOND??? MAX FUCKING VERSTAPPEN?????
Nah dude now I gotta be dreaming ain't no way this has just happened that I'm on my way to foster care in the middle of Monaco and meet one of my favourite drivers...

The clogs in my head clearly weren't turning because next thing I know max is getting into the same car as me.
"Hello y/n" he says to me
"Oh umm... hello mister verstappen" I reply, a bit confused "I'm sorry I'll be leaving now, I thought the man who was taking me was in here" I say because I clearly wasn't meant to be in this car.
"Don't be silly y/n" he laughs
"Im sorry sir but how do you know me?" I say still confused
"Your father was my fathers best friend back in their karting days" he answers me.. "I haven't seen you in like 11 years, how've you been?"
I sit there in shock. Staring at him with my jaw wide open.

I was trying to answer his question in my head before replying in real life. I mean my brother and father died in a crash I basically caused? Yeah I'm good only had a broken arm and a bit of glass in my side the past week or so? I feel like my world is melting from the core to the crust? Yeah I'm fine? U decided to go with the last one. It seemed most sensible

"I've been fine sir, how have you been?" I finally reply
"Stop calling me sir and mister and all that stuff, just call me max and I've been amazing thank you y/n" he states

Im still flabbergasted by the fact that my new guardian is max verstappen!!!!
I Hope he brings me to his races and everything! That would be awesome!!
We chat a lot about how school is and everything like that.

We get to his apartment, it's massive!!
I can't believe this is my home from now on..
I take my shoes off and take a look around, max shoes me where my room is.
It's perfect, it's a dream. He's decorated it for me after he decided to take me in and put some helmets on a shelf and made a shelf for my helmets and got a trophy case for all of my trophies.
I have a massive bed and a massive closet, max helps me unpack all of my stuff into the closet and help me get my helmet on the shelf because it was a bit to high for me to reach, he lets out a little chuckle as he sees me struggling to open the trophy case so he helps me with that too.

I'm finally all settled into my room and max asks what I would like for dinner.

"Lasagna!!!" I reply quickly
"...wow... never seen someone in such a rush for lasagna before" we both laugh at how fast I replied to his simple question.

He makes us our dinner and we have a little talk during dinner about max's steams because tonight he is streaming after he agreed to do it weeks ago. We finish up dinner max goes and starts his stream with Charles, Lando and George... I decide to try to get something done around here so I thought to myself I'll start off small and dry the pots... where do they go when their dry???

"Max??" I knock on his door and walk in forgetting he's streaming...
"Oh. Umm. Hi y/n?" He replies confused
"Where do I put the dishes once they are dry?"
"In the blue cupboard but don't worry that's not your job you don't have to do that" he replies
"Too late I already did it" we both laugh as I exit the room and say goodbye to everyone.

I put the pots away and decide to walk to the living room and wait in there for max to stop streaming.
He finally walks out of his room
"Y/n" he says
"Max" I reply matching his tone
"Could you come back to my room with me? the boys and the chat want to speak to you" he asks
"Sure" I reply back following him into his room and speaking with chat and the other lads on stream.

The chat is filled with so many people. They are all so kind and keep saying I'm gorgeous and pretty. Max and Charles are a bit distracted by this because they find it weird for some reason. But I am flattered by these comments. We all chat for a while longer and tell them a bit about myself.
I don't tell them too much, but I tell them enough. I tell them about my karting career and stuff like that. Not too personal. Within an hour I gain thousands of followers on Instagram. I guess they must like me then.

We finally end the stream as I am starting to go to sleep and it starts to get late. Max decides to walk me to my room and say goodnight with a hug.
I get into my pyjamas and snuggle up in bed after brushing my teeth and putting my phone on charge.

I wake up in the morning with news articles showing up in my notifications. It's paparazzi, they make up a weird story about how I'm paying to live with max.
I start to feel anger brewing I side me from the thought of people not knowing why I'm really here. I want them to know that I'm not paying max, but I also don't want them to know about my family..

I start to cry silently with tears tolling down my face every second. I hate my life recently. I love how I'm with max and how he treats me so kindly. But what if nobody likes me. What if max is doing this out of pity of me. just... what if??