Chapter three: Meeting The Family

Everyone stared at me as I sat at the table. Aunt Janice's youngest daughter Rita, (who is fifteen) introduced herself in a sassy, slightly pissed-sounding way, and Janice's son Spencer, who is two years older than Rita introduced himself to me in a friendly, goofy, sassy way. He gave me this kinda big brother vibe. Janice's oldest daughter Tara was very sweet and quiet,  Tara has a son of her own named Jonny, who is four, She also has a husband named Derek, who doesn't talk much either, but seemed nice.

"Hey, Mona do you play The Legend of Zelda games ?" Spencer asked as he passed the mashed potatoes to Rita.

"Yeah actually, I do, I like the newest one, but I don't own the games, I could only play them at my friend Jasmine's house," I replied.

"I own them all! we can play them sometime if you want!" He stated.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. he nodded his head and I thanked him.

"So what kind of hair dye is that? it's a pretty neat shade of black." Rita asked.

"Oh this is my natural hair color, I got it from...my mom. Her hair looked just like mine." I made everybody silent by saying that, as if bringing her up was some forbidden language.

A few minutes after that I told them I was getting kinda tired, so Janice guided me to a room, it had two bunk beds, I was gonna sleep on top and Rita was taking the bottom bunk. I sat in bed watching TV and Rita came in about half an hour later.

"had to do dishes, I would've come sooner if it wasn't for that." Rita said to me. Then she reached in her pocket for a little bottle of what looked like whiskey.

want some?" she asked me.

I was shocked, none of my friends back home ever drank, and the only people I ever saw drink were my dad and Jordan, so that made me never want to do it. "Uhh no thank you, I don't drink, I never really liked the idea of it," I replied.

"Oh my gosh, I knew you would be one of those perfect little innocent girls." She said, rolling her eyes. I didn't give her a reply, she was being a bitch so I just decided to keep quiet and try to go to sleep.

Around 3 am I woke up And couldn't stop crying. Everything reminds me of my mom. The pain is indescribable. All my surroundings are unfamiliar to me, I won't see my mom's face. And that would be okay to me if I knew I was going back home, but I'm not. I won't see my mom's face again, And this is my new home. That's the hardest part.