Chapter Fifteen: Dinner With Ron's Parents.

Before I knew it, It was early March, prom was right around the corner. Me and Ron went dress shopping at the mall, Though he wasn't much help, because he would say he loved every dress.

"AHHHHH!!!" I shouted from the fitting room. Ron came running in the door. "Ron you know you shouldn't be in the women's fitting room!" I said to him.

"Well, you screamed! I thought something happened." He said.

"No, I just found the most beautiful perfect prom dress ever! Here let me try it on!" I replied excitedly. My dress was strapless, and a beautiful purple color, with rhinestones and gold glitter. "Tada!" I showed him.

"Wow, that's beautiful Mona! You look like a Goddess." He said.

"Thank you. You always know how to make me feel special." I said to him, blushing.

"Because you are special." He replied.

"Oh I forgot to ask, Are we still on for dinner with my parents tonight?" He asked.

"Oh shit, that's tonight? I didn't even pick out anything to wear!" I exclaimed.

"You don't have to worry about it, My parents are super chill. Just don't say the word "Vagina" or any other bodily names in front of my mom and you'll be okay." He laughed.

"What's wrong with vagina?" I asked with a laugh.

"My mom gets super grossed out by talking about any bodily functions or body parts in the southern hemisphere. It's just how she's always been I guess." He replied.

"Gotcha." I laughed.

   I decided to go fancy for dinner with his parents. I wore a light blue dress with my pearl necklace and did my hair up all fancy. Ron picked me up to go to his house around 6, And before his mom opened the door to greet us I stood out on the porch and asked him, "So is this too much cleavage?"

"Oh my gosh, you look great Mona, don't stress it. Everything is gonna be fine." He assured me. His mom opened the door for us and we sat down at the dinner table.

"So Mona, I hear you're from North Carolina, What made you come here and live with your Aunt Janice?" Ron's mom asked me.

Ron gave her a sharp, "Mom!" and she exclaimed, "What? I'm just asking a question."

"It's okay Ron, Um, I moved here from North Carolina because My mom died and I had nobody else to go to," I replied, surprised that he didn't tell his mom.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Mona. I had no idea...Ron, why didn't you tell me?" His mom asked.

"I thought it would be best if Mona told you herself when she wanted to, I didn't wanna gossip about her life or if she wanted anyone to know," Ron replied, Looking at me apologetically.

"It's okay guys, I mean, that's just how life is. It gives, and it takes away." I said, trying to clear the air.

His mom shook her head up and down, then put her hand over mine and said to me, "You're a very strong woman, Don't let anyone take that away."

"Thank you, Ma'am," I replied.

"Oh don't call me ma'am, it makes me feel older. Call me Sheryl hon." She smirked.

For most of the dinner Ron's dad was Quiet, and the whole time he just sat there, as if he wanted to say something but wouldn't. Then right when dinner was about to end, He said something. "So do you eat anything or do you not have food at home Mona? You don't look healthy."

"TRAVIS!!!" "DAD!!!" Ron and his mom shouted at the same time.

"Well look at her, she's all skin and bones!" His dad said in a laughing, snarky tone.

I stood up out of my seat. "I eat just fine sir, and even if I didn't, it's none of your business, so you can just go off, take your loud-ass old man opinion, AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!" I screamed, not even realizing what I said until it was too late. I immediately put my hands over my mouth in shock at what I said. "Oh my God, I'm. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean..I.. I'm sorry, Thank you so much for dinner and... and the advice and.. I'm sorry!" I stormed off out of their house, almost crying, realizing how stupid I was.

       Ron immediately followed me out the door. "Mona I'm so sorry, my Dad can be such an asshole, let me drive you home." He grabbed my arm gently and walked me to his car.

"I'm such an idiot. I should've just shut my damn mouth and let it be." I said to him, sitting in the passenger seat in tears.

"No this isn't your fault. My dad's a dick, it makes me sick that I'm related to him sometimes." He said, obviously enraged.

"I ruined the family dinner. I feel like a piece of shit." I replied.

"Don't you dare call yourself that mona, you are perfect in every way." He said, reaching his right hand to hold mine while he kept his other on the steering wheel.

       I never really saw that side of Ron, It was like this protective masculine side of him. Not that he wasn't masculine the rest of the time too, but this was a different kind.

     We got to my front porch later that night and before he left I asked, "Ron, are you okay? I know your dad was being a dick but you don't have to be so tense."

"I'm sorry Mona, I just don't want anyone to hurt you. Especially my stupid ass dad who can't keep his mouth shut." He replied.

"It's okay Babe. And you don't have to worry about me. I'm a big girl." I smirked.

"I love you so much Mona, I want you to always know that." He said to me, Giving me a long, romantic kiss.

"And, I love you too Ron. You mean the world to me." I said, placing my head on his neck.

"Goodnight Mona." He said to me, Walking back to his car.

"Goodnight Ron," I replied.