Chapter Six: Starting School

I started school The following week. I was so nervous, especially considering I might bump into Ron, I liked Ron, but I didn't wanna have to talk about the awkward encounter we had last week. I entered school standing next to Rita, I planned to just stand by her and have her lead me through the whole day, but that idea went south pretty fast, Right away Rita went to a different class than me and I was stranded, having to find my way to the class on my own. This school was way more crowded than my other school was, and everyone pushed passed each other.

    When I finally found my class (class 7B) my teacher scolded me for being late and then said I must be in the wrong class because he'd never seen me before. To which I replied, "No I think you're confused, I'm new here, that's why you haven't ever seen me."

He gave me a side eye and said, "If you say so, but if you're new here I need to see your papers." I showed them to him.

He simply lifted his eyebrow and said, "Okay take one of the empty seats in the back, you'll be next to another student who should have shown up by now but hasn't."

I sat and was handed my assignment, Advanced Geometry. "Great, one of the few subjects I'm terrible at." I thought to myself.

   To make matters worse, When the student who was late showed up, it turned out to be Ron. I noticed him first, and when he noticed me he was slightly taken aback. I tried to ignore his existence at first, but then I accidentally dropped my pencil and he picked it up for me, forcing me to look into his shiny brown eyes. I said a quick, "Thank you."

He replied, "No problem."

   When the bell rang I tried to get out of there as fast as possible, but Ron pulled me aside when everyone left.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize about what happened last week." He said to me.

you mean walking in on me without even knocking?" I replied with a slight attitude.

"Look, I swear I didn't mean to walk in on you, I had no idea you were sharing a room with Rita, I was just going in there to get Rita's book for her." He stated.

I sighed and quietly asked, "So how much did you see?"

He got embarrassed, but replied, "I mean... I saw you standing naked, But it was just for a split second and I tried to run out of there with my eyes closed right away."

   "That was very gentlemanly of you to do, and thank you for wanting to talk to me about it," I replied with a smirk.

"So.. are we good?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're good," I replied shaking his hand.