Pain

Third Person Pov:

If he--- Kareem cut himself off as he heard the gun shot not once, not twice but thrice. Scared, he turned around only to be shaken with fear as he saw his brother, Asim, laying down in the pool of blood. Tears fell from his eyes like a river escaping a dam. Hurriedly, he went towards him and laid his head on his lap.

"Bhai! Asim bhai! Wake up" he said sobbing hard while patting his cheeks.

• Bhai, I can't live without any of you! Wake up, na! Please! • he thought painfully. His shaking hand reached his phone and dialed a number. A number which he hasn't dialed for years. A number, they used to call whenever they were in trouble. A number he dialed while he wasn't in his right set of mind.

At home:

Zayan Pov:

I groaned as my comfortable sleep was disturbed by my phone's ringing. I picked up and said "Hello" without seeing who dialed but I shot up in the bed when I heard the next sentence. "What! Where are you!" I yelled worriedly As I got my answere, I went to the dressing table, picked up my car's key and was about to went outside when a voice stopped me.

"What happened, Zayan?" Arush asked concerned. I am sure he must woke up when I yelled.

"Asim is shot. I am going to Rawal Lake " I replied horrified but keeping myself strong.

"I am coming with you" He said as he came towards me. Without wasting a minute, we went and sat in the car. I drove to place. In 10 minutes, we reached as fortunately it wasn't far away.

 In 10 minutes, we reached as fortunately it wasn't far away

We saw Kareem whispering "wake up, Please".

"Take him home and take care of him. I will take Asim to the hospital"I whispered to Arush who nodded. As Arush was taking him, he kept whispering "I want him" "Don't take me away from him" I picked Asim and took him to my car while Arush took Kareem into Asim's car. As I drove to the hospital which was near rawal lake, HBS Genral Hospital, My heart shattered into pieces as If the world crumbled upon me. The pain in my heart was as if the whole world is shooting at me, the bullets were piercing through my heart yet I was alive not dying. The fear of him dying was like a person who was closet to dying and he was facing the fear of his own death. Soon, I found myself leaving Asim to the doctor. I knew whom to turn and ask for help.

"Asslam o Alaikum (Peace be upon you), Sister! May you tell me where the prayer room is?" I asked a nurse who was going somewhere, not looking at her. Obviously, she was going to where duty was.

"Walaikum Salaam (And upon you be peace), Brother! Yes, sure!From here go straight and you will two ways. Take the right way, and go straight. You will find it." She replied politely.

"Jazak Allah Khair (May Allah reward you with goodness)!" After thanking her, I turned around and saw my brothers with Arush was coming towards me.

"Well, I tried to stop them but couldn't" Arush said with a sigh.

"It's fine. I will be in prayer room. Tell me if you got news and take care of them. Force them to eat as they won't eat until he woke up. Bring Haleem for them. It's their favourite." I said and left them.

I followed as she instructed. For sure, I did found it. I did the wudhu and sat there prayer mat then I prayed Six nafals.

(He is in this position now)

"

شَافِی اللّٰهُ کَافِی وَإِذَا مَرِضْتُ فَهُوَ يَشْفِينِ
Ya Shafi – O Healer; Allah is the source and cause of all healing. Ya Kafi – O Self-Sufficient One; Allah suffices His servants in all their needs. And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me!

Ya Rab, Ya Raheem o Kareem, Heal him. Ya Allah, don't make me lose my brother. Oh Allah, you are the most Merciful, the Most Gracious and the most powerful. You are the one who heals every one. You say one word and it is done. You are the one whom we ask for help and You are the one to whom we return........" I continued make dua while tears were continuously flowing from my eyes like a waterfall.

(Dua is not a sentence or a verse. Dua is what the person say from heart with full sincerity and trust in Allah)

Meanwhile with Arush:

Arush Pov:

Doctor said he is in critical condition. Should I tell him or not? Nah, I shouldn't disturb him. He is praying. Asim will be fine. Ya Allah don't give them the pain of losing a brother again. *sigh*

"Do you want to eat anything? " I asked worriedly.

"No" Bashir said pacing forth and back restlessly.

"Where is Zayan bhaiya?" Kareem asked making everyone surprised as we didn't expect he will accept him or he will say bhai. Or even ask about him.

• Even if I wasn't in right mind that time bit I saw him. I saw his eyes which reflected the pain, the fear of losing him. His eyes gave me the answere he loves us. Then why  does he leave us. I want to ask him so bad but I knew there is something he is hiding from us which is holding him from telling us the truth. The way your eyes looked at us bhaiya was as If you were in more pain than Asim bhai or me. It made think that sometimes emotional pain is bigger than the physical pain. Sometimes emotional pain is more painful than the physical pain. I will find out by myself. I promise. But I can't do it alone. You all will help me, bhai• he thought while he was anticipating the answere of his question.

"He is praying" I answered though I was hesitatant whether to tell or not. I could in their eyes were the fear of losing Asim but in Kareem eyes I caught another emotion comprised of determination and hope of something, I couldn't figure out. It confused me however I ignored it.

"I have bad news and a good news" The doctor said gaining our attention. I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice him coming towards us.

"What is it, Doctor?" I asked worriedly looking at him.

"He is out of danger but .......

Author Note:

How's it ?

I hope you like it.

Do comment and vote

I would love to know your opinion.

Also Thank you for voting and commenting. Thank you who added Mt story to her reading list.