Chapter 6

Following the directions on the map, I led everyone throughout the circus tent into a variety of strange rooms. One room was completely underwater, somehow. One room seemed to be made completely out of sky with clouds floating everywhere and making up the ground we walked on. Another room consisted entirely of a jungle gym.
    But the strangest room we were led through was one that opened up into a vast space with white walls and a large indoor pool in the bathroom-tiled ground. Several archways led to long halls that expanded into a maze of similar looking rooms.
    As we made our way through this strange liminal space, the map was not that much help as it did not go into the specifics of each room we traveled through. On the map I could see where we had to go next, but it did not show me how to get through this room.
    The ceiling was high and with every hall we went through it felt like ceiling kept getting higher and higher. Everything was deathly silent, sending an eerie and creepy vibe emanating out of every inch of our surroundings. It felt unsettling in a way that I was not sure was comforting or scary. I had a weird feeling that it was somehow both.
    As we tried to find our way out, I kept getting distracted by my surroundings. Whenever I tried to focus on the map or the group, my eyes were drawn towards the mysterious indoor pools. The water was undisturbed and crystal clear. It looked so serene and tranquil. I could not help but stare at it.
    The silence surrounding me set me at ease. I felt so calm. I could stay here forever.
    Though at first the sound of silence soothed me, it soon set me on edge as I realized something. I could not hear a thing, including the others' footsteps. Tearing my eyes away from the pools, I looked around to find that I was all alone. I was separated from the group with no idea where they were or where to go. I was lost.