Chapter 9

At the end of the tube slide I was plunged out of the darkness and into the light as I came into contact with the hard ground. My eyes, accustomed to the darkness of the slide, was not ready for the sudden light. It blinded me and I had to blink several times before I was able to see again.
    "There you are. We were worried about you." Ragatha said as she helped me to my feet. I looked around at the others to find that Pomni was soaking wet.
    "What happened to you?" I asked.
    "I fell into one of the pools." She said, clearly embarrassed.
    "It was a good thing we got her out before it was too late." Said the chess piece with crazy eyes.
    "What do you mean "too late"?" I asked.
    "Don't mind Kinger." Ragatha said. "There was nothing to worry about."
    Behind me Jax flew out of the slide, and I stepped out of the way so that I would not get hit. Unlike me, he easily landed on his feet. "Alright. Now, where to next?" He glanced over to me.
    His yellow eyes seemed to glimmer like gold as he looked down at me. I felt a little flutter in my chest as he smirked at me. Then I realized that I had been staring.
    "Oh, uh, yeah. Next, um, let's see." I stuttered as I scrambled to open the map. Jax's smirk widened. "That way." I pointed in the direction the map said to go. We were led through several more rooms and around in circles. It began to feel like we were getting nowhere and would never find the treasure.
    Finally, right when I was just about ready to give up on the map, we were led outside of the tent. The sky was bright blue and the grass was shiny green. Everything looked so artificial. It was like I was in a digital world, which I was.
    I could tell that this was going to take some time getting used to.
Instead of taking us on a long, pointless path through a bunch of random locations, this time the map led us straight to the lake that was just to the right from where we were standing. The lake was large and deep with glittering blue water that gleamed in the bright yellow light of the sun. As we walked, the large sun looked down at us with a wide smile. I was not sure if it was nice or weird.
Floating in the middle of the large lake was a colorful pirate with billowing white sails and a flag displaying skull and crossbones. On the deck of the ship, I could see several red plastic-looking moneys wearing pirate hats. Several of them seemed to be surrounding a pile of colorful shapes. Upon closer look, I could tell it was Zooble.
"TREASURE!" Kinger screamed, pointing straight ahead.
"Oh, look, I found the treasure." Jax said as he pointed in the same spot. On the other side of the lake was a large red X hovering above what looked like a chest.
"What about Zooble?" Gangle asked in a soft voice.
"I can see her on the pirate ship." I said.
"What pirate ship?" Kinger asked. His eyeballs jiggled as he looked over at me.
"That one right there." I said, pointing.
"Woah!" He screamed. "A pirate ship! Do you think the treasure's on it?"
"We already found the treasure." Jax rolled his eyes.
"Now we have to save Zooble and get across." Ragatha said.
"But how are we going to do that?" Gangle asked, not taking her eyes off of the pirate ship.
"We could use this boat." I said, pointing at a ship that was docked on our side of the lake. It was much smaller than the pirate ship but was better than nothing.
"Good eye." Jax said, glancing at me as he began to lead the way towards the small ship.
I blushed though I was not sure if it was because of the compliment or the look he gave me.
All together, we boarded the ship and set sail for Zooble and for treasure!