Chapter Fourteen

Three weeks.. Three weeks since Neteyam has been sleeping beside Ao'nung every single night, since that incident. Ao'nung refused for him to go anywhere else to sleep. It was frustrating but he got used to the change. He will never admit this, yet Ao'nung was very comfortable to lie on. Not to mention how Ao'nung makes sure that the healing process is working as needed. Such weird care from a mafia boss.. Why was he even behaving like that? Whatever..  Neteyam will leave soon enough. This will all blow over and Neteyam will never see these people ever again! He's pretty, one hundred percent, absolutely sure that Tsireya dislikes him, but he can see where she's coming from.  He just wanted to go home, yet he couldn't! This was all so unfair to him! He just wanted to be in the comfort of his own bed. The Omaticaya doesn't want to be anywhere near Ao'nung! Especially after what he has done to him. But there was another part of him was telling him to stay.. To stay with the comfort of the man who tormented and tortured him. What was happening to him?

Stockholm syndrome. That's what.

Three weeks of random short crying sessions, because Neteyam feels unworthy since the man who has tortured him is treating him better than his own father had. It's ironic how Neteyam has never once in his life cried willingly. Neteyam is much stronger than that. Crying is for his victims who are underneath his shoes, dying slowly and painfully. Nevertheless, here he was. Weeping in the arms of the mafia boss of The Sea Killers. At this point, Neteyam's life was pretty much over so there was nothing to care about. He's no longer considered the first heir to Toruk Makto, meaning even if he tried he wouldn't be able to get his spot for next in line.. It would go to his younger sister, Kiri. Nor does the poor man have his job of being a flourishing hitman! Neteyam has nothing. Not his family, not his beloved ikran, probably not even his apartment! His father had probably found it and tore it upside down! So yeah. He has literally nothing. Everything in his life is being stripped away from him all at once.

The Great Mother has not given him a break.. Whatever he has done he is sorry for. This was a very cruel punishment that she's giving. It's been three fucking weeks of falling into Ao'nung's comfort! Neteyam shouldn't be doing such a thing! He has higher dignity than that! But there was just something about the Metkayina's gentle, kind, soft eyes that appeared to be only reserved for the Tonowari family and him... This must be another trap. Ao'nung is probably trying to get him to trust him, just so he could kill him and take all of his hard owned savings! He really needs to get out of this hellhole. But he seems stuck because of Ao'nung.. Neteyam is actually being treated like he's worth something with him.. His life is a fucking joke.

Three weeks without speaking to his little brother, even if Neteyam's poor heart needs him to do that. Even if everybody needs him to do that.. Lo'ak needs to know that his older brother would never mean something like that. He would deal with Lo'ak as long as he is alive. He always has done that. Plus, he didn't like the harsh looks he's been receiving from Tsireya! Okay, he gets that she's his girlfriend, that she cares about him more than anything.. But seriously? It makes him feel even more guilty than he is now. Neteyam didn't mean those words. "I hope Jake does actually find me and kills me! All so I don't have to deal with you anymore!" Those words will forever haunt Neteyam. He didn't mean them. He didn't mean them.. He's sorry.. He's fucking sorry! And the fight? He wasn't really sorry for that.. Lo'ak started it, and he wasn't in the right state of mind so he finished it.

Three weeks of guilt, anger, confusion, and filth rotting his brain. Three weeks of being forced to relax for once in his life. It's just three weeks too long! Neteyam has to do something. He needs to reconnect with his brother. He needs to be the bigger person and talk with his younger brother, but Neteyam isn't ready.. He just can't even if he needs to.. But it would be good if he did. It would clear any negative thoughts that Lo'ak would have about him. He only has Lo'ak.. Surly Kiri doesn't know about what was happening, and Tuktirey was too young to know. Only his brother knows.. Yet, he fucked up their relationship. Neteyam needs some type of reassurance, but he only has Ao'nung at the moment... He's the only person who he can ask. He'll have to wait until later. Until Ao'nung is back from doing whatever he had to do.