House of Agendas/House of Keys

"So we're sneaking out this afternoon, yeah?" Fabian asked over breakfast. They were getting ready to leave for school.

"You're getting pretty comfortable about sneaking around." Max smirked.

"Learn from the best." He teased.

Patricia walked by with a scowl. "Whisper whisper whisper, very cozy. Since when did you become their friend instead of mine Fabian?"

"Since you became such a witch, Patricia." Fabian snapped before walking off.

"He can be both of our friends." Nina reasoned.

Patricia scowled. "Not likely."

~~~

During history, Mick commented about how he was going to destroy Alfie. Jason then asked Fabian about his project.

"Actually, me, Nina and Max were thinking about doing something with Mythology." He explained.

Jason smiled. "Very nice."

~~~

"Can we come in? Sarah?" Nina called as she opened the door.

Sarah beamed when she saw them. "Oh it's you two! Let me see the jewel, is it still pure?" She asked Max expectantly.

Awkwardly, Max held up her hand to show the ring. It was ruby red.

Sarah grinned. "Wonderful. So did you find it?"

"Find what?" Nina asked.

Her smile faded. "The treasure."

"Actually, we came to ask you where it is." Max explained.

Sarah paled. "He wants to find it, promise you won't let him find it!"

"We swear." Nina told her quickly, then took off her necklace and opened the locket. "Sarah, who is this?"

"Is it you?" She asked with a smile.

Nina chuckled. "No it's not me. She's way too cute."

Fabian entered the room more and Sarah noticed him, she looked at him with fear.

"Who's that?"

"He's our friend, Fabian." Nina explained.

"HIDE IT! YOU CAN'T LET HIM SEE IT! HIDE IT HIDE IT!" Sarah exclaimed. Nina quickly shoved the locket into her shirt.

"I-It's gone. It's okay Sarah." She insisted.

Sarah took a deep breath, she looked at Max with worry. "Child, tell me it's still pure. The darkness can't take over, it just can't!"

"I-It is...look, see." Max showed off the ring, though Sarah had just seen it, she seemed to relax.

"The blackbird is watching, be careful." Sarah insisted.

~~~

"She's right, this looks like you." Fabian smiled. They were back at school. Nina had a book on hieroglyphics.

Nina scoffed. "It does not."

"It does, same pretty eyes." He insisted.

Max snorted.

"Pretty eyes huh?" Nina grinned. Fabian blushed a little as she took the necklace back. "We still don't know how much of this stuff is true, or if she's even called Sarah."

Max's eyebrows furrowed. "...What if... what if the girl in the painting is Sarah?"

Their eyes widened.

~~~

"Fabian, you won't believe it. Max figured out what the symbols mean!" Nina grinned as they ran into the dining room and sat down.

Max chuckled. "It wasn't that hard, just had to read the book. Basically it means under the eighth stair. We think the treasure might be buried there, so we're gonna check it out later."

They noticed Amber giving Alfie some tea, he hurt his ankle cause Mick attacked him.

"Amber told me what Mick did, it's terrible." Nina frowned.

Fabian scoffed. "After what Amber and Alfie did I'm shocked he didn't do more damage."

"What?" Max frowned.

"They went on a date, remember the day we snuck to the attic?" Fabian asked. Max's eyes widened.

"Yeah, her date with Mick, or at least she thought it was. I had to look at dozens of dresses." Nina sighed.

Fabian's eyes narrowed. "Jerome's telling everyone Amber and Alfie are a thing."

~~~

"Alright, I got my bike tools, I'm prying open that stair tonight." Max told them. They were in the dining room.

Patricia gasped from the living room. "I got an email from Joy!" Everyone except Max and Nina rushed over to read it.

The email said she was doing well and that her dad's business went under so she had to leave school. Patricia was still hesitant because it was a new email address and written properly, but the others convinced her.

"I bet I've been driving you all crazy..." Patricia mumbled. "I guess I took things too far."

Nina smiled. "It's okay Patricia, you were worried about your friend. I'm glad she's safe."

Patricia smiled. She then went to help Trudy with dinner.

Amber and Mick ran in, announcing they're back together and that they're having a party to celebrate.

~~~

Later that night, Fabian and the girls snuck out to check out the stair when Victor was asleep.

"Alright, let's pry this baby open." Max mumbled. She took out her tools and pulled up the stair.

Their eyes widened when they found a key.

But then, Victor woke up and they had no choice but to bolt.