House of Rendezvous/House of Rescue

The play continued but they were just trying to buy time because Nina still wasn't back.

They were really starting to worry but Nina came back just in time. "Victor is going to eliminate someone in the audience tonight." She told them quickly.

Max gasped. "Oh God, Rufus? Joy?"

"Both?" Fabian added nervously.

~~~

They finished the play, but that's when things got chaotic.

Victor spotted Joy and tried to grab her, but she took off, but Rufus also tried to grab her.

"Rufus?" Max gasped, eyes wide in disbelief.

Rufus practically sneered at her before shoving by Mr. Sweet and bolting.

Victor ran passed them to chase after Joy.

"RUFUS WAIT!" Max shouted, darting off the stage and going after him, horrifying the others.

~~~

Max ran deep into the woods, following after Rufus. Finally, they reached his car, and she panted as she stopped, resting her hands on her knees. "Rufus...what...what is going on? Why were you at the play? Why did you try and grab Joy!?"

Taking a deep breath, Rufus slowly turned to look at her. Her eyes widened. His eyes once warm and soft were now cold and distant.

"My dear, you know not what you've done by following me." He hissed, stepping forward.

Max's eyes widened and she took a few steps back. "Uncle Rufus?..."

Without warning he lunged forward and grabbed her, making her scream. "RUFUS STOP! HELPPPP!" Rufus covered her mouth as tears rolled down her face.

Rufus winced as he tightened his grip on her. "Foolish, just as your brother was." He tossed her into his car, making her hit her head.

Growing dizzy, Max's eyes began to flutter shut.

"William..." She breathed out in a mumble, before everything went dark.

~~~

When Max came to, she was sitting in a lumpy recliner in a dark room, her hands had been chained up behind her back.

"Finally awake I see." Max jumped a little and looked over to see Rufus leaning against the wall..

She struggled against the chains on her hands. "Why?...Rufus what have you done!?" She questioned in disbelief.

Rufus chuckled. "Normally I'd tell you, but I'm afraid I can't risk giving you too much bad news. I still need you."

"What?" Max questioned in disbelief.

Rufus smirked. "Come on now, surely you know you're important, why else would you wield the Shield of Seth?"

Max felt tears bubble in her eyes. "Uncle Rufus please, I don't understand...I thought...I thought you were a good man!"

"Oh, I suppose we should clear that up, hm? I'm your great uncle, so it's actually Great Uncle Rufus." He smirked.

She scowled viciously. "What is going on? WAS ANYTHING YOU TOLD ME TRUE!? WHAT ABOUT WILLIAM!?"

Rufus sighed. "I'm afraid we'll have to leave those questions unanswered. As long as you remain in the dark, you'll have hope, and that smidge of hope is all I need." With that, he left the warehouse, slamming and locking the door.

Max leaned back in the chair, tears rolled down her face.

This just...couldn't be happening.

~~~