House of Yesterday/House of Victory

Victor warned Nina and Max to only visit Sarah on the weekends from now on.

During school Jerome angrily declared he was going to help Amber instead of Mara during the campaign for some reason, and Nina was feeling very paranoid that Victor knew Emily Grant was Sarah.

~~~

When they got back to the house, Max was on her phone in the living room when Jerome collapsed next to her.

"...Did you need something?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Jerome huffed. "Sorry, just, why would a girl continue seeing a guy who was keeping secrets from her?"

Max chuckled a little. "Does this perhaps have something to do with Mick and Mara?"

"Come on, Max. I'm desperate here." He insisted.

Max sighed and set her phone down. "I don't know, was the secret really important?"

Jerome bit his lip in thought. "...I guess...over all, not particularly."

"Did it effect Mara personally?"

"...No." He admitted begrudgingly.

Max smirked a little. "I dare say Jerome, you sound a wee bit jealous."

Jerome all but fumed. "I AM NOT JEALOUS! Mick is a meathead."

"Hey, that's my roommate." Max chuckled. Mick had gone back to staying in their room again.

"I just don't get what she sees in him. They have nothing in common." Jerome grumbled, crossing his arms.

Max raised an eyebrow. "And you think you and Mara have things in common?"

"Well- no but-" Jerome started.

"Jerome you're just being petty and jealous." Max sighed. "And you'll never feel better until you admit that."

This made the boy pause, and then click his tongue. "Fine maybe I am. By the way if you say anything about this I'll hunt you down and kill you, Midget."

"Yeah yeah, I don't have any plans to tell people you're a regular human being." She admitted.

Jerome let out an amused scoff, before frowning a little. "So come on, who hurt you?"

"...What?" Max's eyes widened.

"Wrestling with Fabian? First of all Rutter has the muscle of a noodle, and second he'd never hit a girl. None of the guys at Anubis house would stoop that low." Jerome told her. "Those bruises you had, they looked pretty serious."

Max swallowed hard. "...It doesn't matter, they're not around anymore so..."

Jerome frowned. "I might be slime, but...Anubis house is still...all I've got. If someone's giving you trouble, tell me and I'll crush them."

This made her smile a little. "Thanks Jerome." He smiled back.

But then Victor stormed in as Nina and Fabian entered the room. "GET YOUR FEET OFF THE TABLE YOU TWO!" He hissed viciously, making Jerome and Max jump in alarm and rush to get their feet off the table. "I WANT EVERYONE IN BED BY NINE OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES." He stormed off.

Max noticed Nina pick up a familiar scarf, and her eyes widened.

The scarf belonged to Sarah. She came to Anubis house.

~~~

Max slowly opened her eyes to see Sarah back in her room. She slowly sat up, confused. "Sarah?"

"My dear, I'm afraid...it's time for me to go." She smiled kindly. "It's up to you now, you must protect the Chosen One, no matter what."

"...The Chosen One?" Max tilted her head, eyes wide with wonder.