House of Identity/House of Emergency

"Sarah was terrified of the photo of Victor, she said...she said he killed them." Nina explained quietly to the others in the dining room.

Max frowned. "What about the elixir?"

"She just talked about tipping the scales of life again, but I have no clue what that means." Nina sighed.

Victor came in and told them all to get to school.

~~~

"I can't find anything; I don't think this book has any leads." Fabian sighed. "I searched every single page so carefully."

Max frowned. "Too bad. It must be something else then."

That's when Mara walked in, and shocked them all to their very core. She'd straighten her hair, put on gothic makeup and was wearing black rose patterned leggings along with some short black heels, she even had her tie loosened and jacket unbuttoned.

Fabian dropped the book when he saw her and all their jaws dropped. Mara smirked smugly, clearly proud of the reaction she got.

"...Didn't you used to be Mara?" Jerome asked in disbelief.

Mara strutted by and collapsed in the seat next to Max's, making her eyes widen. "Uh..."

Mara looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" She smirked.

"I..." Max was stunned.

"Hope you don't mind, we're desk buddies now, and if you do mind, keep it to yourself." Without warning Mara yanked Max forward by her tie and kissed her, earning gasps from all over the classroom.

The Sibuna gang were all silently screaming in disbelief at what was taking place.

When the kiss broke, Mara leaned back in her seat and put her feet up, chewing her gum without a care in the world.

Max was just sat there, staring off dumbly.

"I think she's broken." Fabian whispered, earning a nod from Nina.

"Is this that gay panic I've always heard about in stories?" Amber asked quietly.

"I don't think so..." Patricia mumbled.

Then they heard Max beginning to let out the quietest screaming known to man.

"Now it is." Patricia nodded.

Mrs. Andrews walked in and paused when she saw Mara. "Mara are you chewing gum? You of all people should know the rules, get rid of it please."

Mara rolled her eyes and took the gum out of her mouth and instead set it behind her ear, disgusting many of them.

She shocked them all even further by revealing she didn't do her homework assignment either.

~~~

"Tutankhamun's burial chamber lies just through here." Fabian recited awkwardly on stage, he was rehearsing for the play, Jerome was up on-stage walking with him.

But as they walked, they burst into laughter.

"Guys, remember what we said? Constructive criticism." Mr. Winkler scolded.

Max groaned. "Oh come on, this play blows."

"He's right." Nina sighed. "The scenes need a LOT of work."

Mr. Winkler smirked. "Well now Max, if it blows, do you have any ideas on how to improve it?"

"Um..." Max's eye twitched. She smiled nervously as she tried to come up with something. "Action!" Was what she finally decided on. "We need action. This play is too boring."