House of Confrontation/House of Alarms

"When daytime ends at midday, through tears of glass the eye shall see." Fabian said as they stood in the kitchen. They were contemplating the clue.

"Yeah no clue." Amber shrugged.

Max huffed. "Well we need to figure it out. Lunch time, yeah?"

"Sibuna." They held their hands over their eyes.

Mick came in. "What're you guys talking about?"

"Oh, nothing interesting just uh, cereal." Nina smiled sheepishly, holding up the cereal box.

He seemed doubtful, but turned his attention to Amber. "Amber um...ta-da!" He held up a present for her.

She beamed. "It's lovely, thank you!"

"And I was thinking we could hang out at lunch, seeing as you snuck out on me yesterday." Mick told her casually, but there was a hint of bitterness underneath.

Amber hesitated. "Right...the thing is..." Mick scowled.

"I know when I'm not wanted." He stormed out.

Max sighed. "I feel bad, he is our roommate." She reminded Fabian.

"Mick is tough, he'll get over it." Fabian assured her.

~~~

"Let's talk prospective Parents' Day, shall we?" Mr. Winkler started class. "Seeing as there's been hardly any volunteers, I'm assigning tasks to you myself.

Everyone groaned in annoyance.

~~~

"What do you think? Strawberry Passion or Bashful Cinnamon?" Amber asked, holding up the lip sticks.

"Really?" Max deadpanned, but the other two hadn't even heard Amber talk, too busy researching.

Amber smiled. "Max, which one appeals to you, you bunk with Mick."

Max huffed and finally looked at her. "Strawberry Passion, it's a little sexy but not in a gross way, makes you seem as sweet as the flavor you're wearing."

They all stared at her, a little stunned.

Max flushed red. "Um...T-That's just my opinion though, I don't think Mick would even notice a difference..."

Amber grinned a little. "Do you fancy me, Max? I'm flattered but I'm afraid my heart does belong to Mick."

"I DO NOT FANCY YOU!" Max protested, turning an even darker shade. "I have way more to worry about than dating."

"Guys can we focus? When daytime ends." Nina started.

Max frowned; eyebrows furrowed.

"Apocalypse?" Nina guessed.

"That's end of the world." Fabian told her.

Max gasped. "Wait a minute! What about a partial eclipse? I read about it once, look it up."

Fabian did as told and beamed. "You got it!"

But that's when Jerome and Alfie walked in, carrying a skeleton. "Got what?" Jerome asked.

"Looks, brains, charms, you know, all the things you don't have." Max grinned.

Jerome smirked. "Better settle down midget, by the way your girlfriend was looking for you." He shoved the skeleton in Max's face. "Kiss me, kiss me darling!" He mocked.

"I'M NOT A MIDGET, I'M FUN SIZED!" Max fumed, shoving the skeleton away.

Alfie and Jerome snickered, only to suddenly freeze up and quickly make their exit, it was a little strange but the Sibuna gang couldn't bring themselves to care.