House of Hush/House of Spies/House of Sting/House of Never/House of Forever

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Nina shrieked as Rufus tugged on her arm to pull himself out of the passageway. He wrestled against the three, eventually shoving them away and bolting.

"Oh my God, Jerome!" Max hugged him tightly, tears rushing down her cheeks in both relief and fear.

Jerome held onto her; a small smile formed on his lips. "He's gone now, it's alright..."

Alfie and Fabian came into the kitchen after Victor told everyone to go to bed.

"This better be worth it." Jerome grumbled, handing the piece over to Nina.

"Thank you Jerome...I'm just sorry Rufus got away..." Nina told him sadly.

Max bit her lip. "We'll figure something out."

"You better." Jerome snapped, finally letting go of Max to glare at them all. "I have kept my side of bargain, now you keep yours. Protect me from Rufus, or I'm going to the teachers myself." He stormed off.

~~~

The next day at breakfast, they were trying to figure out what to do. Rufus still thinks Jerome has the puzzle piece.

"Maybe we could try putting the pieces together again." Jerome frowned.

"We're going to tonight, in the meantime, keep stringing Rufus along." Nina told him, making him nod weakly.

Just then they heard screaming, and Amber came by and announced someone messaged her online, clearly wanting to be her date to the prom.

~~~

Everyone met up at school, Rufus still trusted Jerome, but before he could tell them anything class began.

~~~

Later that evening Amber was trying to teach Mick how to dance for the prom.

"I have no idea what I'm doing." He groaned.

Max laughed. "It's easy, here." She offered him her hand.

Mick raised an eyebrow.

"Just do it." She rolled her eyes.

Mick took her hand and she lead him through the moves, spinning him around and dipping him.

"Wow, I didn't know you could dance." Amber beamed.

"Gonna be dipping Trixie like that?" Jerome teased.

Max snorted. "Sure if I wanna get my face ripped off."

Alfie came rushing in and whispered for her and Jerome to follow, so they hurried off to Nina's room.

~~~

"It won't work." Jerome frowned as they messed with the pieces.

Nina scowled. "We haven't even done anything yet."

"I'm telling you, you'll never do it." He snapped.

"Jerome, watch us." Fabian hissed.

They tried to put the pieces together, but the entire house shook, the lights flickered and finally the pieces burned bad enough to make everyone drop them. The moment they dropped, the house went back to normal.

"It's not the right time." Jerome insisted.

Max frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Look, I will tell you guys everything Rufus told me, but in exchange I want one thing." He told them.

Patricia scoffed. "We don't have any money-"

"Actually," Jerome snapped, before suddenly growing shy. "...I just want in." He mumbled. "To your gang."