House of Discovery/House of Hyper

Everyone was at breakfast the next morning.

The talk of the table was that Victor hurt his foot.

Victor came in and stated someone messed with that floorboard on purpose and that he'll figure out who it is.

~~~

"We can't go up to the attic, Victor's onto us." Fabian explained as they walked through the school.

Max shook her head. "No, we've gotta go now. Victor knows the attic key is missing."

"Exactly, we gotta use it while we got it."

~~~

"Okay, does this seem like something a guy would wear?" Max spun around. She was wearing a black sweater with a cartoonish skull on it, and some dark green shorts.

Fabian smiled sheepishly. "I guess? Might be a little feminine, but there's nothing wrong with a feminine guy."

Max took a deep breath, looking herself over in the mirror. She and Fabian were in their room. Mick was already at his party. "Okay be honest, can you tell I have boobs from where you are?"

Fabian flushed red. "I-I don't think I-"

"THIS IS SERIOUS!" Max fumed. "BOOBS OR NO?"

Fabian covered his face in his hands. "I-I don't think so..." His ears were bright red.

"You're a true bestie, Fabian." Max grinned. "Thanks."

"Are you going to tell me how you got in trouble at your old school now? Are we close enough?" Fabian deadpanned.

Max bit her lip. She sighed. "Fabian I promise I'll tell you in time, but not yet."

"Fair enough, let's get going." Fabian told her kindly.

~~~

"How about this?" Nina asked, bringing over a box that had been behind the wall. They unlocked it and found a bunch of stuff, including a strange item with hieroglyphics on it. They ended up skipping the party in favor of going to the attic.

Max frowned. "I wonder what this stuff is..."

"You know, my uncle's an antique stealer, he could probably tell us what this stuff is." Fabian smiled.

"No I don't think so, Sarah was super secretive." Nina told him.

They heard a door slammed and got startled, so Nina went and hid the items while Fabian and Max went back to the party.

~~~

Victor stormed in and demanded the music be shut off, he then kicked everyone out who didn't live in Anubis house. He dragged Alfie away to take the animal head off after explaining that he knew someone took the attic key.

While they were gone, Nina snuck the key onto the floor in front of his office.

~~~

"You left it on the floor?" Jerome asked in disbelief, staring at Nina.

"I know it wasn't the best choice, but now he can't search us for it." Nina explained nervously. "Trust me guys."

Jerome sneered. "And why should we take the wrath for you?"

"Why? You guys are the ones who had her and Max steal it in the first place." Fabian hissed.

Victor came in angrily. "Someone thinks they're so clever. Who placed this key outside my office? You?" He pointed at Jerome.

"No."

"You?"

"No."

Victor questioned each person, but everyone said no.

Finally he turned to Nina. "You?"

"No...yes." She admitted.

"Aha!" Victor snapped.

Fabian jumped in. "No, she's covering for me."

"What? No he's lying!" Nina snapped.

Victor grew confused. "Make up your minds, who was it?"

"Me." Mick admitted, making everyone look at him with surprise.

Mara swallowed hard. "Actually...it was me."

"Oh yeah...wait no, it was me. I love stealing keys." Amber smiled.

Patricia sighed. "Actually...it was me." Nina looked at her with amazement, Patricia smiled slightly.

"No." Everyone looked at Max. She sighed. "You can stop covering for me, I'm the one who did it." God if she got kicked out, everything would be ruined, but even so, she couldn't let the others fall.

Victor turned to Jerome. "Come on Jerome, I know I can count on you. Who was it?"

Jerome looked at Nina, who was looking at him pleadingly, he then looked at everyone else.

Jerome gritted his teeth and found himself speaking. "...It was me."

Victor was beyond angry. "THAT IS IT. YOU ARE ALL GROUNDED FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKENED!" He stormed off.

When he was gone, everyone cheered except Jerome who seemed to be hating life.

~~~

"Guys, I couldn't find anything online, it's like those symbols don't exist." Fabian sighed. They were at school.

Max huffed. "I hate to say it but I think we'll have to take this stuff to his uncle, Nina."

"Fine, during lunch." Nina conceded.

~~~

They went to see his uncle and had lunch with him. They showed him the items and he explained some of them were photographer cylinders, but he didn't know what the other item with the symbols was.