Meet The Ice Age Herd

After arriving to the Ice Age again, and escaping from an avalanche, Nigel continues his search for some mammoths for Martha. Unaware that he was being followed by Scrat the Saber Tooth squirrel. Suddenly, Nigel's backpack started to shake up a little, which made the zoologist to opened it up and sees Zini inside. Nigel: "Zini?!, what are you doing here in my backpack?" Zini: "Uh... I wanted to help out, and I had nothing else to do back home... oh man... why is it so cold out here?" Nigel: "This is the Ice Age, a time when most of the planet was covered in snow and ice." Zini: "Oh man... I can't imagines any dinosaurs living here..." Nigel: "There aren't any dinosaurs in this time, they're already extinct, this is an age for mammals." Zini: "Mammals... like me and my family?" Nigel: "That's right, and the mammals I came to bring back to the park are mammoths like Martha." Zini: "Mammoths?" Nigel: "Yeah... they should be around here somewhere... at least that's what I'm hoping..." Zini: "So... what do they look like?" Nigel: "They're like elephants, but much hairier, and longer tusks." Zini: "Um... what's an elephant?" Nigel: "Well... it's a mammal with a long nose called a trunk, and it's big too... well not Baylene big but still bigger than both of us." Zini: "Um... would those be Mammoths by any chance?" asked Zini, pointing at three mammoths not too far away. Their names were Manfred (voiced by Ray Romano) or Manny, Ellie (voiced by Queen Latifah), who is Manny's mate, and Peaches (voiced by Keke Palmer), Manny and Ellie's daughter. Nigel: "Alright... three mammoths... what luck... but we need to be careful... there's a chance they could charge if they see me..." Zini: "Why's that?" Nigel: "Well you see... in this time... the humans are hunters like the other predators... in fact... Ice Age hunters were the main reason why the mammoths went extinct... because they were over hunted by the early people..." Zini: "Oh my..." Nigel: "Yeah... so we need to be careful not to scare them..." unaware to Nigel, a pair of Saber Tooth cats were close by, and they were looking like they were ready to pounce on the human. Their names were Diego (voiced by Denis Leary) and Shira (voiced by Jennifer Lopez), and they were getting ready to attack when Scrat, who sees that the human who saved him earlier was in trouble, went to attack the cats, much to Nigel's surprise. Zini: "Run!" shouted Zini, as he leaps away before slipping on some ice and stopped in front of the mammoths. Ellie: "Are you okay?" Zini: "I think so... but Nigel!, he's in trouble!" Manny: "Who?" Peaches: "Hey dad, what's that?" asked Peaches, who sees Nigel trying to take a few steps away from the cats, and Manny gasped. Manny: "Oh no... it's a human..." Ellie: "What are those?" Manny: "A hunter... they're really dangerous... I should know..." that was when a prehistoric ground sloth named Sid (voiced by John Leguizamo) came to the scene. Sid: "Hey... that looks like a human." Manny: "That is a human." Sid: "Oh... ah!, don't spear us!" Nigel: "Wait a minute!, I'm not here to harm anyone." said Nigel, which made everyone to freeze, including the cats and Scrat, who were surprised to hear Nigel speak. Diego: "Did... did he just talked?" Sid: "Whoa... I thought you said humans can't talk?" Diego: "Yeah... at least I thought they couldn't..." Nigel: "You know each other?" Sid: "Yeah, Diego and Shira are part of our herd." Zini: "Say what?" Manny: "It's a long story..." Ellie: "What about you... Nigel was it?, what brings you here?" Nigel: "Uh... that's a bit of a long story too..." said Nigel, as he begins to tell his story about Prehistoric Park and his adventures. Sid: "Whoa... you can travel in time...?, to the time before or after the Ice Ago?, that's really cool." Nigel: "Yes, I suppose it is... your name is Sid, right?" Sid: "Yup, and I was the founder of the herd, while Manny here is the leader, we had quite a few adventures... like the time we helped a baby human get back to his family, had to escape a flood, facing live dinosaurs, or the time we fought pirates." Nigel: "Wait... dinosaurs?, and pirates?" Sid: "Yeah, you know, creatures from the time before..." Nigel: "I know what they are... but how could there be dinosaurs in this era...?, and pirates?" Ellie: "Yeah, we were surprised when we first saw them too." said Ellie, before she and Manny tell their stories to Nigel, who was amazed. Nigel: "Wow... so many things I never imagined that could be real... sounds like something out of a cartoon or something..." Diego: "Cartoon?" Nigel: "Um... never mind, the reason I'm here is to find and bring some mammoths back to Prehistoric Park for Martha, and you three should be perfect." Manny: "Thanks for the offer, but we like it here." Zini: "Come on, Prehistoric Park is a great place to live in." Sid: "I wouldn't mind seeing it." Shira: "Would there be sea?" Nigel: "Well... the park is located on the edge of Africa, so there is the sea, I take it you love the sea cause you were once a pirate?" Shira: "Yeah, before I met Diego and Gutt betrayed me." Nigel: "Yes... that's what happens when you don't give other proper loyalty." said Nigel, before Scrat was trying to place an acorn in the snow when Diego grabbed him. Diego: "Don't think I forgotten about you..." said Diego, while Scrat made a nervous chuckle. Sid: "Hey... haven't we met this little guy before?" Manny: "Yeah... I think so... but I can't place where..." that was when Zini sees Peaches hanging on a tree branch by her tail. Zini: "Uh... is there a reason you're hanging on a tree branch by the tail?" Peaches: "It's something from my mom, as she was raised by Opossums when she was little." Ellie: "That's right, I lost my mother long ago and a family of Opossums took me in... and I had two brothers named Crash and Eddie..." Nigel: "What happened to them?" Ellie: "... A hawk got them... and by the time we got to them... it was too late..." said Ellie sadly, before Manny went to give her comfort. Nigel: "Oh I'm so sorry..." Ellie: "Thanks..." Sid: "I know how she feels... for I lost my granny not too long ago due to old age... it's a real shame..." Zini: "Well at least you still have your herd, right?" Sid: "Yeah... I sure do." Nigel: "Hmm..." Shira: "Something wrong?" Nigel: "No... it's just I noticed how different you look from Diego..." Shira: "Oh... well I was from another continent, and I was born with this color." Nigel: "Huh... you must be an albino Saber Tooth... interesting..." said Nigel, before Scrat yelped in shock, seeing that his acorn was missing, before freeing himself from Diego's grip and begins searching for his acorn. It wasn't long before he found it, only to see that it was in the hands of a certain female flying Saber Tooth squirrel from his past, named Scratte, and she was not happy about seeing Scrat again. It wasn't long before the two began fighting with one another for the acorn, while the others just watched. Sid: "Uh... should we stop them?" Manny: "It's never a wise idea to get in the middle of a fight between a male and female..." Ellie: "Yeah, that's why Manny knows better than to try getting on my bad side." said Ellie, which made Manny chuckle nervously.