3.14

Under Bai Qi's gaze, Feiyin had nowhere to hide. He couldn't even tell a lie, so he could only remain silent.

  After a long time, Zhou Feiyin pushed Bai Qi away, turned around and left the house, looking at the ghostly face and bloody giant tree under the bridge in trance.

  "It's called Huangquan." Zhou Feiyin said.

  "If the underworld doesn't dry up, I won't die."

  Bai Qi: "Huh?" Zhou Feiyin is... a tree?

  "I made a deal with the people below. I exchanged a pair of legs for an underworld plant. If the underworld plant does not dry up, I will live forever."

  "But the premise is that I must live on the underworld and never leave. Once it exceeds the distance between each other, it will wither."

  "Today, I am three hundred and fourteen years old."

  Bai Qi "..." The amount of information is a bit large.

  Zhou Feiyin borrowed the underworld to live forever, but he was imprisoned by it and couldn't live without it. The two depended on each other.

  The outside world knows that Zhou Zhai is mysterious. Every owner of Zhou Zhai stays in the house and rarely goes out. In fact, how can there be any owner? Every owner of Zhou House is just Zhou Feiyin.

  "I once misidentified Lu Ming. Although I later woke up and kicked him out of the house, I am the most responsible for the cause and effect."

  "So I promised him three things. I have helped the Lu family twice in the past hundred years, and the treatment of Lu Haoming's father was the last time."

  "Then Si Luo Xiang..." Bai Qi had a guess.

  "I created it." Zhou Feiyin confessed everything.

  "Except for a few old people in Four Luo Alley, not many people know about it."

  Bai Qi bent down, put one hand around Zhou Feiyin from behind, and put one hand on his leg.

  Zhou Feiyin's body trembled slightly but did not make a sound.

  He paid the price of his legs in exchange for an eternal underworld. If he wanted to stand up again, he had to take back the price he paid.

  But once the price is recovered, Huangquan will also return to the lower world. Without Huangquan, he will quickly grow old and die.

  "What's the reason?" Bai Qi asked.

  The underworld tree made Zhou Feiyin immortal, but also imprisoned him in this old house like a cage. What was the reason for making him pay the price?

  Is it...himself?

  Zhou Feiyin was silent for a long time, and finally turned around and left, "It's very cold in the tomb, let's go out."

  Bai Qi: "..." Is he shy?

  "True love, true love, it's so sad that it makes me cry..."

  In the Nine Treasures Gilded Mirror of Feng Zun, Hei Qi kept sighing quietly.

  Bai Qi opened his eyes and glanced at Hei Qi, "Are you jealous?"

  "I'm not jealous." Hei Qi retorted quickly, "I have also been loved."

  "??" Bai Qi.

  "..." Hei Qi.

  Bai Qi opened his eyes, turned over and sat up from the hammock, crossed his legs and stared at Hei Qi with a guilty conscience.