Chapter 16

After what happened at the campsite, the Brawlers decided it would be best that they all went back to Smash Mansion just in case something similar happened again. The Brawlers had packed up their belongings and walked back to the bus.

Toon Link was the last one to climb on the bus. He had dragged his backpack behind him on the ground with his head down. When he was on the bus he had sat down near the front. He placed his things beside him and looked out the window sadly. No one dared interrupt his thoughts.

Toon Link was thinking about the events that had happened only hours earlier. Three of his friends had been taken away by Dark Forces and he couldn't do anything to stop them.

He was pretty devastated that Shulk and Lucina were gone but the person who he really missed the most was Zelda.

He thought of the princess as his older sister. She was always there for him whenever he had finished brawling. She made sure that he didn't have any major injuries and had cleaned up the minor ones.

Truly, he thought it was quite embarrassing but Zelda had insisted. He let her clean him up in front of his friends just to make her happy.

Now he wondered if he would ever experience that again.

Zelda could be gone forever along with the others. Possibly dead.

Don't think like that Link! He face palmed himself and continued thinking to himself as the bus drove onto Smash Mansion.

When the bus had arrived, the Smashers had all walked to their rooms and started getting ready for their search tomorrow.

They all had to prepare themselves for what they must do to get their friends back.

Toon Link had wandered into his room and looked around for his Master Sword. He finally found it under his bed where is starting to get a little dirty. He barely cleaned up his room since he found no need to.

He held it up and let the sun shine on the sword making it shine. He felt more confident when he did this. Hopefully enough to go through whatever it takes to get Zelda back.

He lowered the sword down and placed it onto his bed. He found a little bag in his closet that looked just the right size to be carrying around in this type of situation.

He put the bag next to his sword on the bed and started to pack things he may need. He packed an extra pair of clothes, bombs, his bow, arrows, his boomerang and 5 apples.

He zipped up the bag and held it in his hand. With his other hand, he put his sword in it's scabbard on his back. He then slung the bag over his shoulder and headed downstairs.

Darkness had taken over the sky with the moon as the only source of light. Toon Link would've thought it was a perfect nice if his friends weren't missing.

I didn't realize I had taken this long packing.....and thinking about Zelda.

Downstairs, Toon Link found Marth, Ike, and Robin talking about strategies to get the other fighters back.

They stopped talking as soon as they noticed Toon Link come down the stairs looking quite determined.

"Good evening gentlemen." He greeted while approaching the trio.

"Good evening to you too, Toon." Marth replied brushing his bangs away from his eyes.

"Have you figured out any way to get them back yet?" The cartoon figure asked.

"Unfortunately, no but we'll let you know as soon as we do." Robin answered looking a bit saddened.

"In the mean time, you should get to bed." Ike said gesturing to the stairs.

"What about you guys?" Toon Link asked not moving at all.

"We're going to stay up until we find away to get our friends back." Ike answered.

"And you need the energy for tomorrow since it's likely that we'll start searching for them." Marth added in.

"I guess so." Toon Link said. He started to walk up the stairs and to his room, disappointed since he had just come down.

"Good night!" He called back to the three swordsmen.

"Good night." They all replied and continued sharing their ideas.

Toon Link walked into his room and suddenly realized how sleepy he was. He hopped into his bed, not bothering to change his clothes, and crawled under the sheets.

He laid on his back and looked at the ceiling. He had flashbacks of him and Zelda and, occasionally, Link.

Link

He must be really worried about Zelda. Toon Link knew he liked Zelda. A lot. Toon Link didn't understand why since he found girls pretty weird. All they played with were dolls instead of playing a sport like sword fighting.

Toon Link felt his eyelids grow heavy as he yawned. He turned to his side and closed his eyes. Sleep slowly came to him along with dreams.

Some of the dreams were with Zelda when they were finally reunited. She had hugged him tightly. He had hugged her back, taking in the scent of her hair.

She had promised that she would never leave him by himself again unprotected. She had hugged him again saying soothing things to him until Link came running towards them. A perfect way to ruin the moment.

Some of the dreams weren't so nice. In fact, they could be considered nightmares.

The one Toon Link thought was the worst was the one where he was being control by something. He could see what the thing was making him do but he couldn't stop it.

Zelda appeared in front of him out of no where. He felt an evil grin form on his face. He had reached behind his back and pulled out his sword.

Zelda was looking at him in horror and he brought the sword in front of him, pointing it at Zelda.

She was pleading for mercy as he drew closer to her.

She had looked into his eyes showing a flood of emotions. Fear. Disappointment. Sadness. Understanding. Shock.

He felt the evil feeling disappear. He was relieved. He started to smile a more friendly smile when he stabbed Zelda through her mid section.

He looked at her in horror as the evil feeling left his body for good. He ran over to the princess, trying not to look at her wound. His vision started to go blurry from the tears started to fall down his cheeks.

"Toon Link?" Zelda whispered. She looked at him as the life started to drain out of her.

"I don't think I'll ever forgive you for this." she whispered as she let out her last breath.

Toon Link wanted the nightmare to end since the start but couldn't. It was almost like someone was making him watch this horrific scene. Wanting to make him suffer.

In the end...

Toon Link barely slept.