Chapter 17

Shulk was bored out of his mind.

Sure, he could've helped Roy and Lucina find a way to get Zelda's hands free so their plan could work but he decided to find other ways to get out in case their original plan didn't work.

He glanced behind him and saw Roy and Lucina sitting down in their cells discussing different ways to set Zelda free.

"I think she should just smash her hands into the wall so the iron gloves break." Roy suggested.

"I'm pretty sure that's going to be really loud and make the DarkNuts curious." Lucina sighed.

"You're right. I can't think of any other ideas." Roy said. "I guess we have to wait until the others come recuse us."

"Ha! Like I'm going to be a damsel in distress." the swordswoman answered. "If only we had a bobby pin. Then we could pick the lock closing the gloves."

Lucina felt her blue hair, hoping to find a bobby pin somewhere. Sadly, she only felt the headband like tiara.

She walked over to Zelda and felt her hair too which felt a little awkward for both of them. She sighed when she found nothing once again.

"Maybe you boys have something useful we can use." Lucina said while she started to search herself. "That means you too, Shulk."

Shulk snapped out of his daze as he heard his name. He looked around, confused, to see what had happened.

"Wait what?" He asked no one in particular.

"I said you and Roy should she if you have anything that could get Zelda out of these metal gloves." The princess replied, annoyed.

"Oh yeah. Right!" Shulk took off his jacket shook it, hoping for something useful to fall onto his lap. Nothing.

Next, he searched his short pockets. He flipped them inside out but saw nothing fabric. He was started to get annoyed with himself.

He searched the last place he would ever put anything. His shoes.

He slowly took them off, to everyone's dismay, and put his hand inside to feel if there was anything in it.

When he found nothing, Shulk took his hand out of his shoe. By now, the unpleasant smell of his feet was started to spread.

"Put your shoes back on!" Roy said. The smell had reached his nose first so he was already covering his nose with his arm to block the smell.

Shulk agreed with Roy and put his shoes back on but not before the smell reached the princesses.

"Oh gods!" Lucina gagged. She used one hand to fan the smell away from her while the other covered her nose.

Zelda was less fortunate. She tried to use her iron gloves to block out the smell. It did little block her nostrils from the stench. She did the only thing she could do. She held her breath.

She held it in until she just had to get oxygen into her lungs again. She gasped as the air entered her lungs and started to pant. She glared at Shulk as she did so.

"Sorry." said Shulk, a goofy grin forming on his face. "Anyways, I couldn't find anything."

"Great." Roy sarcastically said while putting resting his head on the palms of his hands.

Zelda watched Roy and he sighed and looked at an ant crawling on the cell's floor. He moved his head just a little bit but that was enough movement for Zelda to see a glint of light on his red hair. She realized right away what it was.

"Roy? Do you happen to have a bobby pin on you?" Zelda asked. Roy looked at Zelda with an expression that says, 'why in the world would I have one?'

"You never know." Zelda shrugged. Roy sighed and shook his head.

Shulk also happened to notice the shiny object in Roy's hair. Out of curiosity, he reached over to Roy and plucked it out of the redhead's hair.

"H-hey! What are you doing?!" Roy asked Shulk with redness forming on his cheeks. "I just wanted to know what this thing was." Shulk asked holding up the bobby pin he had found.

"That's a bobby pin you idiot!" Lucina exclaimed to the clueless male. "Well SORRY but I'm not a girl." He glanced at Roy. "Or the kind of boy who cares about his hair."

"Shulk's right. Why was there a bobby pin in your hair. I mean, isn't that stuff usually for girls?" Zelda added.

"Uh....I guess I had it in my hair for emergencies like this one and I forgot I had it." Roy said, smiling innocently.

"I guess that's good enough." Lucina said. "Now let's get out of here!"

"SHHHHHHH! Not so loud or they'll hear us!" Zelda scolded.

"Right. Sorry." The swordswoman answered. "Shulk, give my that bobby pin."

"Sure thing." He answered. Shulk put the bobby pin on the floor and slid it through the gap between the door and the floor.

Lucina picked up the hair accessory and walked over to Zelda. "Let's see if this thing can get you out of those things." She said to Hyrule's Princess.

She went to work right away and continued to pick the lock until the metal gloves fell on the floor with a clang.

Zelda took the bobby pin from Lucina's hand and set Lucina's hands free in a matter of seconds.

"Finally, my hands are free." She said while rubbing her sore wrists. Zelda walked over to their cell door and slid the bobby pin back to Shulk.

The two men did the same process as the princesses and soon found themselves free from their chains.

"Great! Now let's get out of here!" Roy said after Shulk did his. He walked over to the cell door and went straight to work.

Don't worry Marth. I'll see you again soon.