9.Masquita bite

TAVIA'S POV

TAVIA'S POV

Saturday

2:54pm

Humming the encanto cartoon 'Bruno' song I placed the last of my hand washed garments in a small washing basin . The melody stuck in my head since yesterday when Dominique and I watched it together over zoom.

When I tell you the struggle we had to go through to find a movie to watch without either of us complaining. But antyways ..a me still pick the movie and with a lot or grumbling and frowning later, that was him smiling though out the movie. And a gwaan like him Neva like it afta.

I don't know why Jamaican men are like this, well men overall but ,why do they think they can't show emotions ?, why dem nuffi bawl dung do place and laugh like ediat at cartoons them find enjoyable too?

Mi feel like mi accomplish sumn today though. From morning me get up a clean, I washed my other clothes using the machine , pinned them out to dry, switch the position of the bed , dresser and other furniture in my room, washed my make up brushes even though i barely use them, all while still in my two piece pj's and bonnet.

All mi have left fi do a pin out mi undies , bathe and then get ready to pick up some amazon packages ,I ordered the series of Moon books.

Let me check my notifications first before going in the sun , since yesterday evening after watching the movie I haven't heard from Nico.

Mi used to fi see or atleast hear from him.

Yaah guh dead if him nuh talk to yuh since Yesterday.?

......?

Yes

Getting up I lingered a bit as biting my nail as I remembered i'm going to use the back yard clothes line because anybody that passes my house can see whatever is hung up on my lines near the front of our house.

And them naah dry good if I hang them in the bathroom and since mommy use up her lines 'the most convenient to hang underwear' mi have fi guh walk through my room , pass my brothers room , his bathroom, the living room and the kitchen to get to the back lines.

Mi caah badda!!!

Alright let me pin them on the rack then just hang that outside.

Doing just that I went outside my room. Nearing the living room I heard chatter , only male voices. HIS eyes met mine and everyone else's back was turned to me, he smiled then his eyes trailed over my body and he bit his lip , now glancing at the rack of underwear he chuckled a bit and I ran back to my room before the others could take notice of what had caught his attention, distracting him from whatever conversation they were having.

Weh Dominique a do yah ?The whole three a dem at that ? And why dem conversing like best of friends?.

And just look at what I'm wearing . I faced palmed my self.