Hopeful Hotel Host

[Angels POV]

Never thought I'd be glad to see this shit shack..

With a heavy sigh I pushed open the ancient heavy doors  , the light of the hellscape spilling into the darkened foyer from behind me. Closing the heavy doors behind me I gingerly wondered up to the bar, hoping a certain grumpy cat hadn't fallen asleep at the bar again, though thankfully I saw nothing.
A hint of disappointment fluttered through my mind , as I was hoping for a late night drink.

Maybe he finally decided that the bar isn't a bed , though thinking about it , does husk actually have a room? Do either of Als Helpers actually have private quarters? I'll have to ask him about it..

These thoughts wondered about my mind as I climbed up the stairs and to my room. Opening the door I scanned the room , the excited squeak taking my attention as I enter , closing and locking the door behind me.

"Hello my beautiful baby boo! Did you miss daddy? I'm so so sorry I was gone for so long my little piggy poo~' I cooed , scooping up my beloved piglet into my lower arms , squeezing him as he nuzzled against me.

Using my upper arms I refilled his empty  water bowl , softly placing the pig down to drink once it was placed back.

Mgh...I'm so happy I have the day off tomorrow.. fuck val and his creepy kinks..

Once changed into comfy clothes I climbed under my silk duvet covers , fat nuggets climping up and cuddling into me via his little stairs to the left of my bed.

It wasn't long before I drifted into a deep slumber , Fat Nuggets cuddled into my side , snoring softly.

[Husk POV]

Groaning I pulled myself into an up right position , my head feeling like it had been hit repeatedly with a sledgehammer. Rubbing my eyes I yawned , a cat like sound escaping my vocal cords before I'd noticed.

Stupid fucking form...why'd I havta be a cat...

With a heavy sigh I got up , grabbing my hat and bow tie and stuffing them into my trousers. I'd apparently slept in my suspenders so I just decided to leave my room. It was hell , so who the fuck cares if you wear the same clothes twice in a row.

Walking into the foyer I could see the princess sat on the sofa , scribbling furiously in her notebook , nifty looking at her quizzically as she dusted the fireplace. I decided to ignore them , going to my spot behind the bar counter and looking at the shelves of Alcohol, trying to determine which shall be my poison for the day.

"Husk! Hi! How are you?"

The princesses head whipped round , hearing the sound of a bottle hitting the bar as I placed it down. I shrug and grab a bottle opener , ready to start my day of drinking nice and early.

"So I was thinking..." she continued getting up and wondering over to the bar , placing herself on a stool and watching me , it honestly made me uncomfortable. "Maybe you should town down the drinking...? It's only 10am and you have already opened a bottle of whiskey.."

With a short laugh I began drinking. Realising she wasn't joking I frowned deeply. "Princess , I ain't trying to be mean , but I ain't one of your lost souls. I'm here because I'm forced to be..I ain't looking to change, thanks for the offer though"

shrugging I took another sip , watching her as she rifled though a small stack of papers she had bought with her to the bar. With a gleam in her eye she pulled out a 3 page document and pushed it in front of me.

"I understand...but maybe...just maybe ...I can help you and I'm always willing to! Here.. I wrote up a sobriety plan in case you change your mind. Be careful ok husk?" She smiled warmly at me , gently patting my clawed hand that was resting atop the counter , and walking off.

She's way too pure for this fucking wasteland..

I sigh , picking up the papers she'd pushed towards me. Flipping through it I frown , a slight guilt in my heart as I saw how detailed it was. Why did the princess care about me? Im only here because of Al.

I quickly shoved it under the bar as I heard a familiar sound of heals approaching me. Blinking and looking up my eyes met angels.

Unlike yesterday , he was in a soft pink jumper , baggy on his slender Body , and baby blue leggings , his hair messy and his eyes a hint of tiredness. It was clearly a free day for the pornstar.

"What do you want"

With a smirk the spider leaned forward , arms resting on the bar , tilting the head as he eyed me up. "Well hello ta ya too , my sweet little kitten~"

"Answer the fucking question, angel."

"Can't I just come hang with you husk? I don't want anything." I glanced at him quizzically, noticing his eye slightly swollen , though he had done his best to cover it with make up. He seemed to have a defeated tone to his voice , I honestly
Felt bad.

"Whatever. Do whatever you want , kid"

I shrugged , taking another swig of my drink , thinking for a moment I held the bottle out to him. He looked at me quizzically but accepted , taking a hearty sip before coughing a little and looking at the label.

"What the hell? You drink whiskey for BREAKFAST? You gotta get your drinking under control, husky , or someone is gonna start pestering you about it!"

Angel chuckled , passing the drink back , I shrugged and took another hearty swig , I knew I'd been going over the top for a while now , but I didn't care that much , no one else had.

"You're too late with that warning. She's already given me a 'sobriety plan' to try and entice me."

I spoke , using my hands to form quotation marks as I spoke , the spider laughed again, his Mismatched eyes following my person as I spoke.

"Oh I gotta see this shit! Lemme see it!"

Angel thrust his hand towards me in a beckoning motion. For some reason the thought of sharing it made me anxious. I wasn't gonna follow it , but showing it to someone else seemed to worry me , as if it was something deadly personal.

"I threw it out" I said in the most nonchalant voice I could muster , shrugging to try and convince him. "Ain't gonna follow it so I ain't having it lay round messing my bar up"

With this angel huffed , grabbing open bottle and taking another drink. His lower hands still leaning on the counter , his free upper arm opened up his neon pink phone , his eyes noticeably reading something on the brightly lit screen.

"For fuck sake... can't a man have one day off??"

He placed the nearly empty bottle down , using both upper hands to type away , his eyes fixated on what he was writing. I tilted my head , trying to think of something to say in response when he pushed himself up off the bar stool and started to walk away , still typing furiously.

Weird , twice now he's left without saying bye...

Watching him leave made something deep deep down in me ache , with surprise I looked down at myself , assuming I'd hurt myself somehow, though seeing no injuries to my furred body.

With a grunt I downed the last of the bottle , hoping whatever the pain was would be resolved by drinking , as most things normally were.

That shit can stop right fucking now

I thought to myself as I got my deck of cards out , shuffling and shaking my head. I was ready of yet another day of standing and waiting like a fucking idiot for souls that will never come.